Adequan

I've posted and asked about Adequan in recent weeks. Coyote is have injections 2x/week and today was number 5. I've seen no change. Some minor swelling at the injection sight and some diarrhea though nothing that persists. I've committed to a month of twice weekly injections. Is this a fair trial?

Barbara
Majestic and Ranger

"If you want to hear the patter of little feet I'll put shoes on my dogs."

Guest FreddyGirl

Curious to see how this goes for me too. Tommy had his first shot Saturday and his 2nd will be this Saturday. He has compressed discs. Just gave up on accupuncture, just not giving him the relief he needs.

Keep us posted. I will do the same.

Nancy

Guest peacehound

Peace is now on maintenance with the injections and goes every six to seven weeks for an injection. The day following this past injection, came home from and she had taken every toy out of her box and carried most of them into another room..she zoomed around the table four times...its been four weeks since an injection and I can tell its getting to be time again, she lays and doesn't play just goes for her walks...Peace will be ten soon and for a long time we tried everything for her limp..Adequan basically changed her quality of life so much and we are very grateful for the drug..I hope your hounds find relief also..for her it is a lifesaver...I believe it was at least three weeks during the loading dose before we saw results

Just wanted to mention that your vet should be giving the injection in alternate sites for each injection. Left side one time then right side the next to eliminate muscle tenderness.

I think it's premature to expect to see improvement --hang in there!

Edited by tbhounds

Just wanted to mention that your vet should be giving the injection in alternate sites for each injection. Left side one time then right side the next to eliminate muscle tenderness.

I think it's premature to expect to see improvement --hang in there!

Sites are being rotated. Thanks for the feedback. I'll continue to see how he does on twice weekly injections and decide what to do.

Edited by riverbosun

Barbara
Majestic and Ranger

We tried on both Elsie and Beau and after 4 weeks we saw no results. Vet said we should have seen something. We stopped. We are continuing with acupuncture. I also find that the CMO (with the glucosomine and msm) seem to help. The CMO is good stuff. We get that at greyhound gang. Claudia can help you put together what you need.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

We saw results with Milky after 4 weeks. We're on week 3 of once a week. One more week and we see if she can go a month between shots. Milky just turned 12 so she's not out running but she does have an easier time walking and doing the step into the house. And I can tell she feels better, her stubborn streak is coming out again. When she wasn't feeling well she wasn't nearly as stubborn :rolleyes:

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Adequan can work, or not work. It's individual for every hound. I've seen it work more often than not. It is basically souped up glucosamine. Some hounds respond right away, some take longer. Some have no response. It is expensive from a vet's office.

Giving your hounds joint supplements sooner than later, can help prevent arthritis. If people wait too long to help their hounds with arthritic situations, miracles are in shorter supply. I'll be in Phoenix this weekend giving a talk about When I Am Older, and all the natural choices out there to help your hounds live longer and healthier.

Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, Vitamin C, CMO, Yucca, Salmon Oil - are all staples at Greyhound Gang. You can read about them here.

Don't just take my word though, :colgate unsolicited testimonialshere.

Claudia & Greyhound Gang
100% Helps Hounds

GIG Bound!

Guest peacehound

Adequan can work, or not work. It's individual for every hound. I've seen it work more often than not. It is basically souped up glucosamine. Some hounds respond right away, some take longer. Some have no response. It is expensive from a vet's office.

Giving your hounds joint supplements sooner than later, can help prevent arthritis. If people wait too long to help their hounds with arthritic situations, miracles are in shorter supply. I'll be in Phoenix this weekend giving a talk about When I Am Older, and all the natural choices out there to help your hounds live longer and healthier.

Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, Vitamin C, CMO, Yucca, Salmon Oil - are all staples at Greyhound Gang. You can read about them here.

just wanted to add to this, my girl Peace is also on these supplements in addition to her Adequan shots

Both of my pups are on Glucosamine supplements and have been since I've had them.

Barbara
Majestic and Ranger