Jimmy Continues To Struggle

No, the frustrating part of this is that the ultrasound did not find an angry pancreas. The ultrasound did not find an angry or even mildly irritated anything. Yes, I am sure our vet will test for pancreatitis but the university vet said that the results can come back negative but he could still be suffering from pancreatitis. He was on I/D food for two weeks post surgery but then we mixed in his regular food as was recommended. So, I will be serving Jimmy low fat foods now and trying to get him to eat his ID food again. Chicken tenders are simmering as I type and low fat plain yogurt has already been served.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really feel for you and your boy. Hope he turns the corner and is back to himself soon.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Good thoughts for Jimmy. I hope he is on the mend soon.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

So sorry you still don't have any answers. I know that would just drive me nuts. Sending prayers for all of you and Jimmy that this will help him.

Give that handsome boy a hug from me.

Do you know if they ran an amylase test? It's not specific for pancreatic issue but, can be suggestive of pancreatic issues based on other findings.

Just a note, decades ago this was a pretty standard test to detect pancreatic issues in people but, I don't know if it is still used as heavily now.

Keeping Jimmy in my thoughts. Glad to hear nothing bad showed up on his tests & I hope a cranky pancreas is all he has. clover.gifgoodluck.gifgetwell.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Keeping Jimmy and family in our prayers. Have you had a consult with OSU? You may fax or email them Jimmy's test results. It's just more eyes looking at his test results and maybe coming up with another idea.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

It may be that the low fat foods and the baytril are helping. Jimmy's body temp never registered higher than 102.4 yesterday. He also had the most formed stool this am than I have seen in weeks. Current project is making squash and sweet potato baked treats. He looks so disappointed when I go to the treat closet for the other hounds (who are noticing Jimmy is getting special foods) and he ends up having cottage cheese.

I am not sure if any of the tests Jimmy has already had looked at pancreatic functioning. I will check when I call our vet tomorrow to see how the latest urine analysis turned out.

Thanks for all the support for Jimmy.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Jimmy, you have to stop worrying your Mom like this. Hope you are feeling better soon.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

How is Jimmy today?

If he likes crunchy things, you can slice white potatoes thinly -- @ a quarter's or nickel's thickness -- and bake @ 350 for 15-20 minutes until they get brown and crisp. They shrink quite a bit. Nonstick cookie sheet or a thin film of Pam spray / your favorite oil to keep them from sticking. Doesn't work as well with sweet potatoes -- more sugar/moisture in them so they tend to burn. He might also be able to tolerate some of the lowfat / nonfat people cookies/crackers -- I know there's a lowfat graham cracker out there.

Sending hugs and gentle scritchies.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I just found out that the urine sample from friday cultured out streptococcus mitis which is resistent to baytril, the antibiotic Jimmy is taking!! Last night Jimmy started running a high temp again and had a rough night with periods of shaking or shivering. I can not tell you how relieved I was to hear that after all the testing Jimmy has been through, we have finally found something "wrong" which can be treated. This is of course in addition to the kidney issue but right now the thought of eliminating the fever and hopefully the shaking would be wonderful progress.

Oh my goodness. Hope new antibiotics will put an end to all this for him!

Wow....finally, a diagnosis!!!!

Hopefully this puts him on the path to a full recovery.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am sure our vet did not say it was MRSA. She said it was a bacteria she was not so familiar with. Jimmy already has his first dose of clavamox in his sytem.

Finally, something to treat! :yay I hope that Jimmy will be feeling better very soon! :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I am sure our vet did not say it was MRSA. She said it was a bacteria she was not so familiar with. Jimmy already has his first dose of clavamox in his sytem.

Ha- I didn't want to use the MRSA word so not to scare you!

Let's hope he'll start to feel better now that he's on the appropriate antibotic. Poor boy-time to get better. How's his temp tonight??

Well, the clavamox is apparently rough on the GI track. We had at least finally gotten a more normal stool and his appetite was getting better but today his stool is extremely loose, his is much less active and the shaking continues. The good news is that he is able to keep the clavamox down. It just feels like one step forward and two steps backwards today. I know though that Jimmy needs this antibiotic and I just hope his system adjusts to it soon. He is supposed to be on it for fourteen days. Thanks again for all the support for Jimmy. Batmom, I did make Jimmy some baked treats but will try your idea with the potatoes. You are right that he sometimes just wants something crunchy.