Allie

mychip1

Hi All,

Please allow me to post a tribute to sweet Allie who belonged to a wonderful couple, the Browns. First, I need to tell you about them. They adopted their older hound, Bert, who will 13 in a few weeks when he was 9. Each time I see him, even though he is an aging senior, he actually looks improved. And, without question, it is due to the love and compassion that these two people have. Bert became one of the favorites with the local group - and the Brown's were revered for the great work they did with him.

Some time later, the group had a bounce named Allie show up. Allie had lost part of her tail. Apparently after an injury, her former owners thought that a little duct tape would do the trick to hold her tail together rather than seeking veterinary care. Additionally, she had frequent in-house urination issues. She wasn't going to be easy to place.....but because of her wonderful sweet nature, the adoption coordinator was determined to find her a good home.....so they called the Browns.

It took some time, and despite living on the third floor of a multi-family home, Deb and Al were able to teach Allie how to wait until she was outside to pee. Allie was particularly attached to Al. She really was Daddy's girl.

And dear Bert took right away to having a little sister and providing her with the security and comfort she needed to adapt to her wonderful new family.

Allie had a smile that would light up a room....a big toothy grin with her lip drawn back showing off her choppers to the gum! That smile brought a smile to all of us!

Today I received an email that Allie had passed at the young age of eight. I did not even realize she had been sick - as we saw each other for Christmas photos this year and she looked wonderful. All I know is that she went very quickly (fine at 9:00 and gone by midnight) from what they believe to be cancer.

I'm posting a few pictures of this beautiful soul who was taken from us far too soon.....may she run free at the bridge...

spectacalali.jpg

balerinaali.jpg

Here is Allie on the right with her big brother, Bert.

burtandalisleeping.jpg

Edited by mychip1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I'm so sorry for your friends' loss.

Godspeed, lovely little angel-girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, I am so sorry to be reading this. So glad she finally found the perfect forever home and knew what it was like to be truly loved by both her humans and her big brother.

Please give my sympathy to your friends.

I am so sorry. Your friend's family is in my thoughts. RIP sweetie.

Do you happen to know Allie's racing name?

I will find out.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I am very sorry Robin for you and your friends the Browns.

Run free Allie, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

How incredibly sad for her family. My heart goes out to the Browns and Bert.

Godspeed Allie.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Taken way too young... My condolences to her family and to all who loved her.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Run free, beautiful Allie.

Love that captures the heart and touches the soul remains forever. Hold the special memories close to your heart.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry. Allie was a beautiful girl.

We lost Rocky the same way 2 weeks ago, I know how hard it is.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Wonderful folks to open their home and hearts to senior hounds. I'm so sorry for their heartache with the loss of their beautiful Allie. :grouphug

Godspeed pretty girl. :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.