Corns - A Different Approach?

Guest Katwoman

Guest Katwoman

Our sweet Baron is now a full time member of the 'corn club'. We have tried the numerous treatments, but he still has the corn. It is quite debilitating. He wears a Therapaws boot for his walks - this has saved us! Inside he has a Cushy Slipper from the same company. It does help, however we would love to get rid of this corn. Has anyone had any success with eastern medicine? One of our vets is coming to the house tomorrow to do an acupuncture treatment on one of our kitties. She is also going to discuss her approach to treating Baron's corn. I don't know the details........but believe it involves acupuncture and herbal supplements. I will know more tomorrow. Just wondered if anyone else had tried anything similar?

I did find a post from Geostar regarding a homeopathic causticum 30c (?) Showing my ignorance here, sorry, but not sure what this is..........herbal liquid?

Anyway, I know there are many members of the corn club out there, and know you are just as exasperated by these things as I am.

Guest Geostar

Hi Katwoman,

Thanks for your puzzlement over the material I shared. It is a liquid which is placed in the dog's mouth for three weeks. According to what we found when we used it, the corn did disappear from our late Gracie's foot pad. She had had a big problem with them while we lived in Georgia; including a few little surgeries to remove the 'problem'. But, it always 'came back.'. Why this liquid worked, I don't know..but it did. The problem never ever came back.. I would contact a holistic vet about it and get her/his opinioin. I'd give this herbal treatment a 'try'..you'll never know unless you do give it a try.

Best wishes..

-star

Guest Katwoman

Thanks Geostar for the info! I agree about the need to try.

We have decided to try our vet's recommendations - diet change, an herbal supplement, and acupuncture. If it works I will be sure and share the specifics.

Guest Galgogirl

Our sweet Baron is now a full time member of the 'corn club'. We have tried the numerous treatments, but he still has the corn. It is quite debilitating. He wears a Therapaws boot for his walks - this has saved us! Inside he has a Cushy Slipper from the same company. It does help, however we would love to get rid of this corn. Has anyone had any success with eastern medicine? One of our vets is coming to the house tomorrow to do an acupuncture treatment on one of our kitties. She is also going to discuss her approach to treating Baron's corn. I don't know the details........but believe it involves acupuncture and herbal supplements. I will know more tomorrow. Just wondered if anyone else had tried anything similar?

I did find a post from Geostar regarding a homeopathic causticum 30c (?) Showing my ignorance here, sorry, but not sure what this is..........herbal liquid?

Anyway, I know there are many members of the corn club out there, and know you are just as exasperated by these things as I am.

Hi Katwoman

I have never had a dog with corns but I was told by a vet friend that anything you can buy for treating corns on humans can be safely be used on dogs. I know a lot of people also use the old duct tape trick.