Bella's Grieving Is Worrying Me

Just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you. Melony is still at McGregor making miracles happen. They just took in 8 senior hounds and have foound homes for 6 which is amazing. Take the time you need to heal and when you are ready, give Mel a calk and explain your situation, Bella's personality & dependence on Angel and let her pic a few hounds to meet. You mentioned Bella is scared of big loud dogs. The McGregor Ladies can recommend a less busy day and more quiet time to visit. There is huge running enclosure in front of the center where you can into Bella to the candidates with less chaos.

We adopted Augie to cheer Ava up after she became depressed when her Lumbar Stenosis worsened. She was withdrawn and I couldn't cheer her. Ava is a dominant female and had never tolerated sharing her Mummy or home so pevious foster attempts were failures. Melony knows us, Ava and our situation and was happy to help find a buddy for Ava. She picked out Augie for us and he is the perfect hound for Ava. Despite his 90 lb size, he is totally submissive to Ava, ignores her snarkiness and doesn't challenge her even as she is losing the ability to walk. Having a goofy brother to teach the rules and keep in line has perked her up. Her depression resolved and the progressionn of the LS has slowed.

I understand your feelings and need for time to heal. I know when Ava leaves us, we will have to adopt immediately. Augie's pliable nature makes him completely dependent on a dominant leader. He will be lost without her. Keep us posted on how Bella and your family are doing. Hugs and prayers to y'all!

-alicia

I sent you a private message, Alicia.

Bella is starting to pick up a little. She is starting to respond to the rides, walks, and treats. She is eating, pooping, and urinating beautifully! I let her come to me, and she is coming to me more. My heart is starting to feel relief. A little at a time, she will come through. I still can see some depression, though, when she is in her bed. But she is more active now.

Thank you all for your help and support. When my husband gives the go, we will take Bella to the adoptable Greybabies to see if and who she approves to enter her castle.

Honestly, if it were just up to me, I would adopt 4 more! No joke. I am in love with Greyhounds. And this is the most wonderful place for Greyhound owners!

Edited by LadyGrey