Raz- Vet Suspects Addison's

Guest gzgreytfun

I wish you both luck and hope that your tests come back favorable. You are right the waiting sux! :(

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gzgreytfun

Hi! Just an update. I dropped Raz off at the veterinary clinic/hospital today to have the ACTH stim test. They said it would take a few hours and they will call when he is done. I am so nervous for him!

Gina

Very best wishes for your boy. goodluck.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm praying you get an answer today. Hugs to Raz.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest gzgreytfun

OK.It's been over 3 hours and I am getting tense just from the waiting. They said "about two hours" so should I call? I hesitate to as I know they are busy with other "patients" My husband has texted from work three times already. It would be better if I wasn't just here at home waiting for the call... I tried reading but keep losing interest.

UGH! I hate waiting!!!

OK.It's been over 3 hours and I am getting tense just from the waiting. They said "about two hours" so should I call? I hesitate to as I know they are busy with other "patients" My husband has texted from work three times already. It would be better if I wasn't just here at home waiting for the call... I tried reading but keep losing interest.

UGH! I hate waiting!!!

Call them-- that's why their there. Usual protocol is draw your pre-blood sample- chase a Dr down to calculate how much cortrosyn to admin-- find help to give the cortrosyn then wait an hour to draw your post sample. In theory it's a one hour test but, it never works out that way :-)

Good luck- hope you receive an answer!

Guest gzgreytfun

Called and tech said I could come get Raz anytime before 4. So I left immediately and brought him home. Milenka was soooo happy to see him and they took off running in the back yard! The vet was in surgery so they said he would call me about results. I just got in the house when he called AND: Raz's ACTH stim test was normal!!! Doc said he rechecked his electrolytes and all of his values including his Potassium and Sodium. He told us that all of Raz's tests were completely normal now. He was a bit puzzled on the whacked out values from a week ago. Since Raz hasn't had any more of the freeze/hang head episodes that originated our going to the vet, he said we should just wait and see if they return.

Thanks everyone who helped with this matter!

Greyt news! I hope that everything remains normal :)

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie