Jewell

Guest BrianRke

Guest BrianRke

Jewell was a beautiful brindle girl with a very sweet nature. She came from JCKC and ran 104 races Greyhound Data link

Im so so sorry, sweet girl, that your last few months here on earth were so bad, however, I know that your last 24 hours were full of incredible love. I fell in love with you the minute I saw you and I will NEVER forget you.

I took her for one last ride around the block before the vet came, when we got back, she finished off her ice cream. The sadness in her eyes that I had seen the day before, was gone. Sara and I were with her and she knew she was loved as she passed over.

Run Free sweet girl. We will never forget you. I promise.

I took this picture of her finishing her ice cream.

cid__mms_picture-1.jpg

This is her picture from the early days when she was at Star City Greyhounds

Greyhound_Jolten_Jewell-big.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This story just wrenched my heart. At least she knew love at the end.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

What a beautiful girl. Jewell, I'm sorry you had such a an unspeakable experience, but I'm glad you knew love, comfort, and peace before going to the bridge. Godspeed sweet girl. f_yellow

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Such a sad story. I am certain that there is a new star, shining brightly in the heavens tonight, named Jewell. Thank you for taking her in and letting her know much love in her last day.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Brain, I just read her story...... Thank You and Sara for being her Angels.... Tears are flying as I type this..... :weep:weep But Thank You both for giving her love before she left this earth.....You both are very Special people, that will have many awards waiting on you..... I am so Sorry...... :grouphug:grouphug

:f_red:gh_run Run Free Jewell! :f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Unbelievable and the only solace I feel is that she met you during her last 24 hours. I wish we could have got to know her more, as I am sure you did too.

She's a beauty who will live and run free forever now.

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

A very special star will shine in the heavens tonight. Jewell you had some very special angels here on earth caring for you for the last couple of days. May you always have the memory of them in your heart. God bless you sweetheart, and Godspeed.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest goofydog

Godspeed Jewell. May you forever know of the many hearts you touched in such a short period of time. You will never know hunger, fear, sadness or pain again. Two special angels made sure your last hours on this earth were filled with all the wonderful things you so deserved. Rest well beautiful girl.

that poor baby :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I read her story, Brian. I'm so glad you were there for her; she deserved to be loved. :f_red

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest greytlady

Right before the vet came I took Jewell outside and she stood right at the gate, wagging her tail and looking at Brian's car. She wouldn't take a treat, she just kept looking at his car. I asked Brian if he could give her a ride around the block and when he went to his car she started trying to dance a little. Ride! Ride! Ride! She was gently loaded and as we talked she got a bit impatient and tried to climb into the front seat. Ride! Ride! Ride! Brian took her for a last ride and she was so happy, looking out the windows till she got tired then she layed down and got comfy in a soft blanket. When she came back her eyes were full of gratitude and she was content and ready for her final trip. She polished off a couple fig newtons and the rest of her ice cream and was licking clean the container when the vet showed up. She stayed in her comfy spot and even wagged at the vet when she knelt at her head. Jewell was a gem and left with grace and dignity and lots of love and kisses. I'm so sorry her last few months were filled with pain and confusion but her last 24 hours were what she deserved. Run free baby girl!

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Brian and Sarah, thank you both so very much for showing her the love she should have had the last few months. As I said, my only solace in this is that Sweet Jewell lived in the moment, and her moment was with both of you showing her the love she deserved always.

Run with the angels Sweet Jewell, you are with the very very best ~

Godspeed sweet girl. I will never forget you either.:weep

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Such a sweet pretty girl. I'm so glad you were warm and loved at the end. Run free with all the others sweet girl.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17