Our Senior Jimmy Is Losing Weight

Glad to hear that Jimmy's home already. 4 boots....unbelievable. You really should feed that boy. :lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd recommend some rubber booties so he could keep his footing without falling, but... :)

When you need to leave the room and you're worried about him scrambling to get up, maybe you can just let him get up and walk with you. My Sam did a Bambi in the dining room one night: he was snoozing in the living room, I went to the kitchen without him realizing it, and he had to scramble to get to the kitchen before the first piece of kibble hit the dish. After that, I started making a big deal of getting up in the living room so Sam could get up, get his footing, and follow me safely.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

June, I would love to borrow one of your ecollars if we lived closer. I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Yes, Jimmy's New Year's resolution is most certainly to give up eating the delicious canvas and rubber dog boots.

If you PM me your addy I'll overnight one to you on Monday morning.

Glad he's home. Hope he heals quickly and well.

Betsy, dog boot eater, sends special regards.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Jimmy, you're a rock star! star.gif Major abdominal surgery & you're causing trouble already! lol.gif Glad to hear you're doing so well, but take it easy, buddy (especially on your momma riphair.gif).

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Jimmy loves eating his canned I/d food! He is also feeling up to swiping his nose across the table to see what new inappropriate items he can ingest. He seems to be healing well and is getting up much more today. Today I had to add a little bit of chicken broth to water to get him to drink. Any suggestions to encourage drinking would be great. I also think the tramadol makes him restless which makes our getting some sleep at night a bit difficult. I am just grateful that he is healing well and knock on wood, has not thrown up a single time since being home!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

So glad he's doing well! Just wanted to mention that he's most likely not thirsty because he's eating just canned food now. I wouldn't worry too much if his water consumption is decreased a bit. If you feel better seeing him drink more mix a tablespoon of the I/D into his water--I'll bet it will encourage him to drink :-)

Jimmy loves eating his canned I/d food! He is also feeling up to swiping his nose across the table to see what new inappropriate items he can ingest. He seems to be healing well and is getting up much more today. Today I had to add a little bit of chicken broth to water to get him to drink. Any suggestions to encourage drinking would be great. I also think the tramadol makes him restless which makes our getting some sleep at night a bit difficult. I am just grateful that he is healing well and knock on wood, has not thrown up a single time since being home!

I have mixed in a little Lemon Lime Gatorade with water to get to Rocket to drink. He has a sweet tooth, and it worked. Not too much, just enough to flavor the water a little.

Sounds like Jimmy is quickly getting back to normal.

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life