Osteo Thread

Pinky's lungs are CLEAR! :yay

It was funny-the tech brought her back out to me and told me that Dr.T asked if she'd been sedated-Pinky just sat there and let them position her on her back and scoot her around on the table with zero fuss :dunno She can be spazzy at home, but apparently at the doctor it's all business :lol

We're goig to be starting cytoxan and piroxicam-there are two places close by that can compound the cytoxan for me so he's getting me some pricing :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was funny-the tech brought her back out to me and told me that Dr.T asked if she'd been sedated-Pinky just sat there and let them position her on her back and scoot her around on the table with zero fuss :dunno She can be spazzy at home, but apparently at the doctor it's all business :lol

We're goig to be starting cytoxan and piroxicam-there are two places close by that can compound the cytoxan for me so he's getting me some pricing :)

:confetti :confetti :confetti

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Awesome news Kristin! You go PINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We needed some good news this week......................................

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest kellygreyhound

Yay Pinky!!!!! Meh, silly iPhone won't let me use the emoticon button but hugs & celebrations for that good news!!!!!!!

Yesterday was supposed to be Gia's third chemo appointment, but we found a suspicious new lump in her ribs, so it became a biopsy appointment instead. :( We should hear back today, but the onc didn't like the way it looked. Sigh. Leave it to my dog to grow NEW cancer while being actively treated for the first and second cancers (both osteo and thyroid).

Awesome news for Pinky :yay:clap

:hope for Gia.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

The lump came back clear! Well, clear-ish...they said there were some mast cells in there, but also enough other cells that he can safely classify it as benign. I don't understand the science, but he said it was good news. :) So we're back on track for her third chemo on Monday!

The lump came back clear! Well, clear-ish...they said there were some mast cells in there, but also enough other cells that he can safely classify it as benign. I don't understand the science, but he said it was good news. :) So we're back on track for her third chemo on Monday!

That is fantastic news!!! :bounce1 I am so happy for you and Gia.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

IMG_20120428_150843.jpg

IMG_20120429_104830.jpg

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Great pics of Symbra at GIG. Way to go girl!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Oh, YAY PINKY!!!! YOU GO, GIRL/ PRINCESS!

Good for you, Symbra, doing us proud at GIG!

And a huge hug and sigh of relief for Gia!!

I love to hear the good news and I hope it keeps coming! :))))

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Ben has been limping on and off for a couple of weeks. However, he seems to be worse when he is walking on hard surfaces such as asphalt or cement. Did any of your greys present with these symptoms when they were diagnosed with OS? He also seems to be ok in the mornings, so i suspect rest also helps. I've asked DH to cut down on the length of his walks because he tends to take him for his regular lengthy walk when Ben isn't limping. I want to see if rest will heal it. We're going to the vet anyway, but I want to try this in the meantime. He seemed ok at noon.

Meanwhile I'm a mess because I'm worrying so much, not sleeping well and crying a lot (in private). My hope is a corn or soft-tissue injury which is why I wondered if your greys limped constantly before being diagnosed or was it intermittent as well. Sorry, I'm starting to ramble on here...

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Berkeley's limp was intermittent and for a period of a few months, went totally away. Every case is different.

Have you checked his pads for anything that might look like a corn? Limping can be any number of things, so try not to worry until the vet visit! (I know, easier said than done)

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Sometimes there are corns there even if you can't see them yet, which makes them nasty little buggers. Meredith (turbotaina)'s boy Turbo had the corns that would cause him pain long before she could see them. I must admit my first thought when you said its more painful for him on hard surfaces made me immediately think of corns.

Sutra did limp intermittently before he was diagnosed with osteo :(

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

Jan, our Charlie limped one day after being out in the backyard and we immediately got an appointment the next day with a Orthopaedic surgeon (got lucky we got him). A day later Charlie had his leg amputated. I suggest an x-ray as you know that is the only way to obtain peace of mind. It's very possible to be many other things and we'll all hope that is what it is.

Jan, the limping can be intermittent or constant so unfortunately that's not a great way to get information. The hard surfaces does seem indicative of a corn issue, although Neyla definitely had more difficulty on the cement sidewalks outside than she did on our carpeted floors inside.

I would check very thoroughly for corns. Not just visually, but squeeze each individual toe. A lot of times you can get a reaction from a particular toe if a corn is coming in, but not visible yet.

Hoping that's all it is.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest kellygreyhound

Love the pics of Symbra on her throne!!! So adorable :rolleyes:

Well, Kelly's pressure sore has taken a turn for the better--the last few bandage change reports included words like miraculous and they have since stopped her Amikacin! Her onco vets decided it would be best not to wait any longer on chemo, so Kell had her first treatment yesterday. So far, she's still snarfing meals and begging whenever possible, hoping that keeps up...

Here's a pic of the pressure sore from hell now--her bandage slid out of place Monday: 9ba27e4b.jpg

Wow, that looks A LOT better! :yay

I love the pics of Symbra - she is so beautiful! It looks like she had a great time.

The first thing I thought of regarding Ben's limping was corns, too. Of course, as Kyle said, it might be worth some xrays just for peace of mind.

I'm glad Kelly is making so much progress. She will probably do just fine with this first treatment. It seems to be the typical experience that they have little to no side effects from the first one (and even two) treatments. Usually, it seems like their immune systems don't really take a hit after the first treatment, so I think her healing should stay right on track.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Guest amberj002

Hi all,

What am I going to notice if the cancer has metastasized to Nadia's lungs? Seems like she is panting a lot lately, if she is laying down she is not panting, but if she gets up she pants. Not crying out (occasionally when trying to get into a comfortable position, going to lay down). It doesn't seem like a distressed pant...except last night it was incredibly humid and much warmer than it has been so she was panting pretty heavily. I turned the A/C on and within 10-15 min she was sleeping. She is also pretty hit or miss with her eating, didn't eat a couple days, then one meal, then nothing...so I have to be selective on giving her pain pills as she has already had some trouble with the NSAIDs. I have the feeling in my stomach that we are really close to the end :(

Hi all,

What am I going to notice if the cancer has metastasized to Nadia's lungs? Seems like she is panting a lot lately, if she is laying down she is not panting, but if she gets up she pants. Not crying out (occasionally when trying to get into a comfortable position, going to lay down). It doesn't seem like a distressed pant...except last night it was incredibly humid and much warmer than it has been so she was panting pretty heavily. I turned the A/C on and within 10-15 min she was sleeping. She is also pretty hit or miss with her eating, didn't eat a couple days, then one meal, then nothing...so I have to be selective on giving her pain pills as she has already had some trouble with the NSAIDs. I have the feeling in my stomach that we are really close to the end :(

Panting is definitely one sign and also a cough. The cough of dred as I call it as it is what also triggered us to Charlie's issue and while he did not have lung mets, he did have another sarcoma on his heart. Panting is a tough call though as it could just be the warmer weather. The only way to know for sure (and it's not 100%) is an x-ray as I am sure you know. Lethargy could be another indicator as well if she is having trouble breathing. I hope it's not mets and that you have a lot more time with Nadia.

Symbra's chest x-rays appear to be clear at this point in time.

I sent a copy over to her chemo doc, and will also send them to OSU for confirmation, but so far so good.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).