Braggin

Guest JustGreyt05

Guest JustGreyt05

Hey all,

I often read the forums here on GT and thought I’d say hello and brag about my dog! I’m a student at Ohio State’s college of vet med and, after wanting a grey for many years, finally adopted Dylan back in September. He raced 3 races in Florida and retired at the ripe old age of 2.5 years young. He’s great with cats, great with kids, great with strangers, but not so great at staying home by himself. But we’re working on that!

The adoption was through an amazing group of people at Greyhound Adoption of Ohio, who held onto him for me until I could move into a new place. Really, I can’t say enough about that group. Such wonderful people! For Dylan and I, it was love at first sight. I visited him every week for 2 months until he came home; the drive across the state every week was so worth it! He has brought such joy to my life and is embarrassingly spoiled. Dylan goes to work with me, school with me (sometimes,) daycare 2-5 days a week, to the pet store at least once a week (usually twice,) and has his own pet… my 3 year old cat who adores him. By far, my favorite thing to do is take him places—anywhere, really—and talk about how wonderful he is. I can’t believe how many questions I get about him, racing, and greyhounds in general. I also love to buy him things, hence the frequent trips to the pet store. His collar collection is excessive, to say the least, and he has nicer clothes than I do. As a poor college student, I can’t help buying him things that are the best of the best and spoiling him. There’s just something about his little face that I completely can not resist!

See for yourself:

walk1.jpg

On a walk

dylan1.jpg

His very first time on the couch... which I said I would never allow. B)

fallsweater1.jpg

He's a classy hound.

duncandylan.jpg

Dylan and his pet.

snow1.jpg

Custom winter coat and boots. Ready for snow!

cutedog.jpg

He has a tough life.

What a gorgeous boy! I love the sweater. Welcome from Maryland and enjoy your handsome sidekick!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Welcome! And thanks for sharing pics....he's very handsome.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome! Dylan is sooo handsome and clearly has a greyt life with you! I love taking my houndie places too. :) Now I can be out and about without Beth and strangers know I'm the lady with a greyhound and will ask about her -- it's a little disconcerting but fun.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Really great looking dog!! Congratulations. He looks very well loved :lol

Taunya and her Supreme Grace, Anna - Sharsanna (Kiowa Sweet Trey x Camden Coming), Surge (no races), Kelsos Yorktown (Trent Lee x Kelsos Spotswood), Galgo Espanol - Valentin. Forever waitin' on Red (Kiowa Mon Manny x Bella Ionic).

Welcome Dylan and mom. What is his racing name, we like to see if we have any of his relatives? Many of us will be in Columbus for the 2012 Greyhound Conference on May 5, 2012. We'll be in need of our greyhound fix that week-end if he is available for some hugs and kisses.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest JustGreyt05

Thanks, guys! His racing name is Mighty Ego. Looking forward to meeting fellow greyhound folks at the conference in May! We'll have to do dinner or something.

Guest IrskasMom

OMG Dylan is very handsome. Trust me we all brag about our Dogs and to right. :):):) The next " Gettotogether " for fanatic Greyhound People is in April in Gettysburg PA. Hope you can make it. :):):)

Edited by IrskasMom

Hello from a fellow Ohioan :) We live in Dayton, and visit Columbus all the time.... Maybe we could meet up sometime! Your Dylan sounds a lot like our Rhythm. We just adopted him in September also, and he will be 3 next week. Loves everyone - cats, dogs, kids, strangers... but has a pretty bad case of separation anxiety as well.

I totally love the argyle sweater - he looks very handsome :colgate

That's awesome that you are able to take him to work/school! Wish I could do that!

Welcome to GT! :wave You've got quite a handsome boy! :wub: We're up in NE Ohio. Hope our paths cross some day! :)

Jeanne with Finnian and Jerry Lee

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Welcome to Dylan & to you!! Sounds like you're already addicted to the cult of greyhound! :lol :lol

Do you know Dr. Cuoto?!? We LOVE LOVE LOVE him on here!! :blush

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Welcome!! He is beautiful.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Welcome from a fellow central Ohioan.

I spend an unfortunate amount of time at OSU. Perhaps we have met? I have Joe, who is 16 month post-amp for osteo.

You might check with Team Greyhound Adoption of Ohio and Central Ohio Greyhound Rescue. Both groups have events in and around Columbus.

I am associated with Team Greyhound and would be happy to introduce you. You can email me at Email me

Jane