Got my pet certificate yesterday!

Guest gatemaster93

Guest gatemaster93

I just mailed my blue slip to the NGA last Tuesday. They are fast. I guess I'm used to the horse registries that have been known to take over 6 months.

I don't know why I waited so long. I've had Nikki for over 2 1/2 years and just never asked for her racing owner's signature for transfer. I wrote him and he was just the nicest man. He signed my slip and mailed it back the next day.

Now I feel like she really IS mine. (I know it sounds silly)

Guest jananice

Aren't they fast? I was amazed, too!! And I mailed Walters and Roslyn's separate as Walter's previous owner gave me a check, and I was paying for Roslyn's, but they came together in the same envelope!! So very cool.

I just went to Linens N Things and got some frames for them, and for Walter's pedigree that I had done by a local gal. Now I have to find someplace to hang them!!

Guest ProudGreyMom

Congratulations!! I have been thinking about getting a certificate for Jake. Can you give me a brief summary of the process? I think it would be cool to have his "official" papers. I wonder if I would ever hear from anyone about Jake though since he seems to have been so badly abused. Any thoughts on that? I'm sure the original owner didn't do it, I think it was done to him prior to going to his foster home.

Guest gatemaster93

Request for blue slip

First, go here to request a blue slip.

The NGA will send it to you with the dog's registered name, the recorded owner, and the address they have on file for the recorded owner.

I wrote a letter to Nikki's racing owner including a picture of her and a self addressed and stamped envelope.

Dear Mr. Brown,

I wanted to write you to let you know that in December of 1999 I adopted Perky Nickey (Affordable Smile x Jetset Joan) from the Bluffs Run GPA program. I thought you might be interested in what became of her. Nikki is the most wonderful dog in the world. Since the day she came home, she settled in like a member of the family. I can?t remember what it was like without her here.

We live near Lincoln, NE on 80 acres with a blue heeler, 3 cats, and 6 horses. Nikki enjoys the outdoors: going for walks, sunning in ?her? yard or  wading pool, and trailing around with me to feed the horses. She goes to horse shows with me several times a year and unintentionally becomes the area spokesdog for greyhounds. We have also gone to obedience school where she was the prize student. She was the first to master the sit command. The instructors were completely surprised that a greyhound would sit at all. She quickly corrected the stereotype. This fall we are going to start in the intermediate obedience class to brush up on the basics and maybe go to a few obedience trials. Of course, like any other retired racer, she also loves to lay around the house, play with her stuffed toys (making sure to incapacitate their squeakers first so they can?t call out for help), and soak up the attention, too.

Again, I just want to let you know how much Nikki means to me and thank you for providing the opportunity to have such a wonderful pet. It would mean a lot if you could sign the enclosed NGA Blue Slip so she could be transferred to the pet registry. I have enclosed an addressed and stamped envelope for your convenience.

Thank You,

Sincerely

He wrote me back a really nice letter and sent back the signed blue slip.

Then I sent the signed blue slip to the NGA with a $20 check ($15 goes for registration and $5 goes to the adoption program of your choice). Before I knew it, it was here.

Guest Chris
Now I feel like she really IS mine. (I know it sounds silly)

I don't think it sounds silly at all! I was thrilled when our certs came! We ALL did the happy dance that day (with Tony and me dancing, our poor neighbors thought there was an earthquake :lol:lol ). It's terrific to know your dogs own you, lock, stock and barrel.

Congratulations!!!

chris

Guest luvmygrey

I'm also working on that now. I received my blue slip yesterday and mailed it to Dizzy's owner today. I REALLY hope he'll send it back.