Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blitzkrieg

Found Video From Hinsdale

Guest Blitzkrieg

most races are 5/16ths - sometimes they need to move hounds to different distances to fill in slots

anybody feel free to PM me with any relevant info

Guest Vers

May I add one more hound to your list? Pa's Talladega, raced at Hinsdale between 2005 and 2007 with ten wins.

I'm still trying to get a sense of the scale of this find -- it seems like it would take a tremendous effort to write DVDs specifically for each hound, and take multiple (if not many) DVDs for each. Comparatively, would it be less effort if a person, say me for example, mailed an external hard drive to you to copy the files to, with return postage pre-paid?

Guest Blitzkrieg

USB flash drives might work too

a Hard Drive would only be necessary if you wanted a lot of files

a CD-R can hold 700MB and a DVD-R 4.7GB - each race is about 50MB

i will need to know if the person wants the races as data format(MPEG-2) which is easier for PC/Youtube or if they want them formatted to play on home DVD players

Edited by Blitzkrieg

Guest CaseyRonniLuv

Hey, yup, could you add Pals Bullet to the list? Thanks!

i remember your post on craigslist looking for video

added him to the list

updated list: (let me know if im missing any)

Showoffs Magic

ThunderDemon

PS Fort Cobb

Logon Bruno

Daves Dashin

Kup's Jurry

Concrete Jungle

Crystal Galway

Richard Hatch

Back Kick Beth

Daring Reva

Thunder La La

Zydeco Dancer

P's Real Time

Iza Handy Boy

Legs Eudora

Kiowa Shag Teddy

Kelsos Metaphor

Irma Doll

DS Peaceful Dove

Akin's Angel

DMK's Kick Butt

U Too Wise Angel

Bella Ann

Market Watch

CP's Lightning

LPB Klemm

Mo Block

BB's Nauticalpot

Elmer My Boy

Cajun Scramble

Our Daisy

Hallo Bongo

Churl

Reward This

Lupe Martinez

MCP's Jackson

Kiowa My Dodie

Hallo Forty Nine

PS Emily

Buffetbobleclair

Jahoda's Elect

Jahoda's Spanky

De Akiller

Proper Tank

Reb's Eli

Reb's Joe

Proper Crash

Cheyenne Shogrin

Showoffs Storm

Iruska Hey Trey

General Grant

JG Quickwink

UMR Adolph

Guest Blitzkrieg

already got him

here is my current list:

Showoffs Magic

ThunderDemon

PS Fort Cobb

Logon Bruno

Daves Dashin

Kup's Jurry

Concrete Jungle

Crystal Galway

Richard Hatch

Back Kick Beth

Daring Reva

Thunder La La

Zydeco Dancer

P's Real Time

Iza Handy Boy

Legs Eudora

Kiowa Shag Teddy

Kelsos Metaphor

Irma Doll

DS Peaceful Dove

Akin's Angel

DMK's Kick Butt

U Too Wise Angel

Bella Ann

Market Watch

CP's Lightning

LPB Klemm

Mo Block

BB's Nauticalpot

Elmer My Boy

Cajun Scramble

Our Daisy

Hallo Bongo

Churl

Reward This

Lupe Martinez

MCP's Jackson

Kiowa My Dodie

Hallo Forty Nine

PS Emily

Buffetbobleclair

Jahoda's Elect

Jahoda's Spanky

De Akiller

Proper Tank

Reb's Eli

Reb's Joe

Proper Crash

Cheyenne Shogrin

Showoffs Storm

Iruska Hey Trey

General Grant

JG Quickwink

UMR Adolph

Pals Bullet

Pa's Talladega

Dust Devil

Makin it shake

Mamba

im transferring tapes as i post this

im doing 2 or 3 a day - i have to play them in full and babysit the VCR/Computer

each tape is 2 hours and i have about 80 now

i went back to Hinsdale on Thursday and picked the smashed tapes as well

then i went into Sullivans office and got a bunch of stupid boxing match tapes and used them to fix the smashed tapes

the tape inside them was still decent just the outer cases where busted up

Guest greytkidsmom

Driven by Reggie raced 6 October 2006 and 9 October 2006. His first and last races there as he finished last. If you happen to run across him, it would be awesome to see our sweet boy run.

I very pleased that you were able to recover the damaged tapes.

What you are doing is absolutely amazing and wonderful. Thank you.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13); Greys Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07), Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17)

Guest Blitzkrieg

Driven by Reggie raced 6 October 2006 and 9 October 2006. His first and last races there as he finished last. If you happen to run across him, it would be awesome to see our sweet boy run.

added him!

everybody remember GD isn't 100% complete

i run across races not entered into GD on these tapes

so there may be more races you dont know about

Guest Blitzkrieg

the computer tape drives are about pissing me off :angryfire

the Onstream ADR drive i got from ebay doesnt work (and it arrived postage due to boot)

i have a ebay dispute started, but will have to wait for another drive

the DDS drive required a SCSI PCI card - still waiting for a slow ebay seller to ship that

i REALLY hope there are races on them and not just data

This is wonderful!

If you could add Hallo Smoke'm to the list that would be terrific - would have been between 2001-2002 I think...doesn't show on GreyData, any more, but I did have some records when I got Gary back in 2003...

Thanks!!

Linda

Spring-siggy-with-Hana.jpg
Angel Gary (Hallo Smoke'em 2000-2013), Angel Molly (Kiowa Mysticrule 1999-2011) Linda, Hana, Sultan

I just checked JG Quickwink's races. She came in first on Jan 29 and Feb 27 of 2004. It would be awesome to have either of those races.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest Blitzkrieg

added him

i transferred 4 tapes today

i am finding there are a LOT of races not entered in G-data

i just watched Blitzkrieg win a race that is not recorded in GD (23 May 2004 Matinee race 10)

so your hound may have more races than you think

Hinsdale also did not grade off dogs

i cant enter races off just the tapes because i wont have all the times and no chartwriter comments

i now kinda hope some the data tapes have results/charts so the lost races can be entered

Edited by Blitzkrieg

Guest darcysmama

Hi there - thanks so much for your kind offer! My boy - OHK Carson - raced only a couple of races that I'm aware of at Hinsdale, but it was in September 2002. He was a grade B. I would love to be able to see him run - he's still a graceful fellow even at 11 with a big ole tumour on his leg!

Guest Blitzkrieg

Hi there - thanks so much for your kind offer! My boy - OHK Carson - raced only a couple of races that I'm aware of at Hinsdale, but it was in September 2002. He was a grade B. I would love to be able to see him run - he's still a graceful fellow even at 11 with a big ole tumour on his leg!

if the computer tapes have races - i might have him

the VHS tapes only go back to 2004

leg tumor... i hope that isnt osteo :unsure

Guest madredhare

It looks like you have unearthed quite the treasure there! Would love to see my hounds race, but none of them raced there.

Guest Blitzkrieg

It looks like you have unearthed quite the treasure there! Would love to see my hounds race, but none of them raced there.

where did they race? Rosnet IGAP has a lot of video from certain tracks

Guest amn70

How are you transferring the VHS tapes to digital? I assume you are simply using a video capture card to connect the VCR to your computer and using capture software to extract the video. What format are you saving the captured video to and whatever file format that is are you simply capturing each tape as one long file to be cut up later or are you just capturing bits and pieces from the tapes as needed? I'd do it as one long file and pull the clips from the file later as needed. I think you mentioned you have concluded each race which runs usually around a minute was about 50MB's. What file format was that saved in to arrive at that size. Was it AVI, MPEG 2 or MPEG 4? I'd do it as MPEG 4. Its almost 5 time smaller than MPEG 2 and majorly smaller than AVI which would be best quality but ridiculously large.

Edited by amn70

Guest Blitzkrieg

i have a Video2pc unit - it works good

they are .mpg files

720x480

9000 kbps

29 fps

audio is 224 kbps

the unit doesn't give my a choice on final format - the .mpg file have pretty good picture considering VHS is the source

i copy the whole tape in to a single file - i will copy individual races from the large files later using PowerDirector 9

the tapes where recorded in SP mode and are 2 hour each - transferred they are around 5GB each

i tried used a VCR/DVD recorder combo - but it put them into TS video folders and that make it hard to separate out individual races later

Edited by Blitzkrieg

Guest amn70

Wow, they actually were smart enough to record the races in SP mode. I am surprised.:-) That makes it better for us. Approximately how many videotapes total do you have?

Oh and as far as getting the footage to us, it might be easiest to convert each requested race to MP4 format that you extract from the original MPG file. It should make for nice compact files without much quality loss and would be great for emailing or FTP if you decided to set up an FTP server on your computer. I would think Powerdirector can do MP4 conversions but if not there are plenty of other programs that can. Then if someone specifically requests a DVD copy of their races or wants to arrange to have you put on a flash drive you still have the original MPG file to do that with. Putting everyones request on DVD and snail mailing them to each person will just make a lot more work for you. Most people will be happy with a video file copy. Those few who prefer the DVD copy you can do it for on an as requested basis.

Just some ideas and suggestions and I wait patiently to see my Laddie aka UMR Adolph in his races. Be interested to see if he raced more than the 11 races GD shows.

Regards

i have a Video2pc unit - it works good

they are .mpg files

720x480

9000 kbps

29 fps

audio is 224 kbps

the unit doesn't give my a choice on final format - the .mpg file have pretty good picture considering VHS is the source

i copy the whole tape in to a single file - i will copy individual races from the large files later using PowerDirector 9

the tapes where recorded in SP mode and are 2 hour each - transferred they are around 5GB each

i tried used a VCR/DVD recorder combo - but it put them into TS video folders and that make it hard to separate out individual races later

Guest Blitzkrieg

i have about 80 VHS tapes mostly dating from 2004 to 2008

it isnt a complete set - some dates are missing

ive scoured the ruins several times and i highly doubt anymore are there

i cant wait to see what is on the computer data tapes

hopefully the have either video or programs/results

a lot of races are missing in GD, but without programs it will be hard to me to find a hound missing races with watching through them

i am baby sitting the recording process, but there are so many hounds on the list i just cant keep an eye out for all

ive tried using PowerDirector 9 to convert the .mpg files from the video2pc unit to mpeg-4 and it is only a little smaller and loses quality

according the Ions website the output form the video2pc unit is mpeg-2

Guest Blitzkrieg

i now have all the 2004 tapes transferred

there was 25 tapes from 04 - total files size for just 04 is 118GB

i was very happy to see You Have It - the old boy who is still at Fast Friends

i also happy to see SK Denton - who was hurt badly in a race and i brought home for a night while he was recuperating

here is my current hound list

ive put hyphens after some dogs name this means ive seen those dog run on the tapes

if you hound doesn't have a hyphen don't despair - i was doing other thing while recording and didnt watch a lot of the races

some hounds like Thunder La La and PS fort Cobb i saw many many times

Showoffs Magic -

Thunder Demon -

PS Fort Cobb -

Logon Bruno -

Daves Dashin -

Kup's Jurry -

Concrete Jungle -

Crystal Galway

Richard Hatch -

Back Kick Beth -

Daring Reva

Thunder La La -

Zydeco Dancer -

P's Real Time

Iza Handy Boy -

Legs Eudora -

Kiowa Shag Teddy

Kelsos Metaphor

Irma Doll

DS Peaceful Dove -

Akin's Angel -

DMK's Kick Butt -

U Too Wise Angel -

Bella Ann -

Market Watch

CP's Lightning -

LPB Klemm

Mo Block

BB's Nauticalpot

Elmer My Boy

Cajun Scramble

Our Daisy

Hallo Bongo

Churl

Reward This -

Lupe Martinez -

MCP's Jackson

Kiowa My Dodie

Hallo Forty Nine

PS Emily -

Buffetbobleclair -

Jahoda's Elect -

Jahoda's Spanky

De Akiller -

Proper Tank -

Reb's Eli -

Reb's Joe

Proper Crash

Cheyenne Shogrin

Showoffs Storm -

Iruska Hey Trey

General Grant

JG Quickwink

UMR Adolph

Pals Bullet

Pa's Talladega

Dust Devil -

Makin it shake

Mamba -

Driven by Reggie

Martin the Cat

Hallo Smoke'm

JG Quickwink

KL Doctor Doug

Edited by Blitzkrieg

Awesome news! This means you have my Andy(Iza Handy Boy) on tape! I'm so excited to see him run!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

You saw both of my boys!! Showoffs Magic and Showoffs Storm!!!! I'm so excited!!!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.