Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blitzkrieg

Found Video From Hinsdale

Guest Blitzkrieg

Hinsdale still stands , but has been looted and vandalized very badly

the tapes are all racing replays - each tape has 2 weeks worth of replays and i found 37 of them

if you got hounds from the Regap kennel circa 2002-2007 you may have got them from me

here is the link to the "Hinsdales sad fate" thread on AG

http://americangreyhounds.com/forum/index.php?topic=9346.0

Edited by Blitzkrieg

Awesome news indeed, I've never seen any of mine in a race! Whenever you get them uploaded is great, looking forward to seeing them! Thanks so much for offering to do this for us!

Iza Handy Boy 2002-2005

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

I didn't have any hounds that raced at Hinsdale, although picked up quite a few from there, but can you grab this sign for me? :D

035.jpg

Guest Blitzkrieg

i dont think it will fit in my car and i took my truck off the road for the winter

but if it is still there i will try to get it (i took those pic on the 4th of July)

:banana

;)

It does look about 10-12' long. I don't know how I'd even get it home but it sure would be cool.

Guest Blitzkrieg

i may be able to remove the frame and roll it up if it is just paper or cloth

but it may be cardboard

Edited by Blitzkrieg

2 of my GH's raced at Hinsdale.

Kelsos Metaphor (Matt) ran his last 2 races in Jan. 2004 Jan. 1st and Jan 17th.

Most of his races were in 2003 with one or two in 2002 if you ever find those tapes.

I doubt any race tapes would still be around from 1998, but one of my bridge kids also raced there, Nodak Austin.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17
diane4114siggy3.jpg

Guest DorasMom

I have 2 pups that raced there in 2004, Legs Eudora and Kiowa Shag Teddy. It would be wonderful if you have some footage of them!

Guest Diadado

Irma Doll raced there from 2/13/05-6/28/07. She had wins on 2/15/05 and 3/25/06. Would love to have footage to give to my friend who has her. Thanks!

Guest Blitzkrieg

i have a tape dated 1/24/04 - 2/2/2004

it is the oldest tape i found and it wont play right

i can hear the sound , but the picture is all garbled

im will give is a shot in a different VCR that i can adjust the tracking better

if can get it to work it will have Showoff Magics' last race

:weep If it doesn't work

And

:weep:confetti:weep If it does.

i think i may have found the problem - this tape and 1 other are Super-VHS

neither will play in may VCR which isnt a Super-VHS

every other tape ive tried works perfect - they are mostly RCA regular VHS

i will try to locate a Super-VHS VCR

WOW, went and looked at what Hinsdale is now. I was there going back to 1991. All my greyhounds came from there. I remember going down to the kennels and the adoption kennel was right with them. After I picked out the greyhounds I wanted to take back with me, Hinsdale footed the bill for us to eat in the Club House. Thought that was nice of them. That was a long time ago. Then Hinsdale after years of me going for dogs from central NY, once a month, started to send the dog truck to my house instead. Who owns the grounds and buildings now ?? I see it looted and vandalized, does someone own it. Joe Sullivan just give it up ??? Sell it ? Does the property have any for sale signs on it ?? Just do not understand how it just got left :omg

Guest Blitzkrieg

it went bankrupt - with Foxwoods and Mohican not that far away people would just go there

they tried to get slots and stuff, but it kept getting voted down

a year after Hinsdale went bankrupt - NH banned greyhound racing

i got laid off in august of 2007 - it was the only job i ever really liked

i think the bank owns it now - it is for sale

Edited by Blitzkrieg

You should be able to upload the videos to Greyhound Data and then the videos would link to all of the dogs in the races automatically. I have some of my Bella's races (2002-2003) but I have no way to digitize from VHS. I was able to buy them from Hinsdale before they closed :(

Guest AnneC

My angel DS Peaceful Dove ran 127 races at Hinsdale from 2004 - 2006. It would be wonderful if she was on one of the tapes you have!

Thanks for checking.

Anne

Guest Blitzkrieg

i will ad her to the list

it you hound ran between 2004 and 2006 there is a VERY good change i have ad least 1 race with them in it

ive tried loading races to GD but it always says "error the file is to big"

they sell a $15 dongle on ebay that connects your VCR to a USB port so you can copy them to your PC

also they make VCR/DVD combos that copy the VHS tape to a DVD

by chance do any of your 2002-2003 races include Red Ultra Lazer or Katzak Shrek? - i would love video of those 2 hounds

they sell a $15 dongle on ebay that connects your VCR to a USB port so you can copy them to your PC

also they make VCR/DVD combos that copy the VHS tape to a DVD

I have a VHS/DVD combo but I have nothing to "rip" the video from the DVD on my computer.

by chance do any of your 2002-2003 races include Red Ultra Lazer or Katzak Shrek? - i would love video of those 2 hounds

I can check; the video is over at our adoption facility because sometimes people want to see races.

I don't have a Hinsdale pup but you are wonderful for doing this! Thank you! And I looked at your thread on AG, thanks for posting the link. What a sad mess it is!

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest Blitzkrieg

I have a VHS/DVD combo but I have nothing to "rip" the video from the DVD on my computer.

do you know what format your VHS/DVD combo puts them into?

if it is MPEG it should play on any PC

im not should what OS you run - i have 64bit Windows 7 and it recognizes most formats natively

let me know what format is it and i can find you some ripping software

Guest Blitzkrieg

I don't have a Hinsdale pup but you are wonderful for doing this! Thank you! And I looked at your thread on AG, thanks for posting the link. What a sad mess it is!

when i lost Blitz to Osteo - i was very distraught - all i had of him was a few pics and some memories

i was never much of an audio/videophile and i really kicked myself for not getting his racing video or taking home movies myself

i felt hopeless - like his videos were lost forever

i was very happy when i found these and was able to see him in the videos

i have to share them - there are a lot of people out there that would like them

i already have a list of 20 hounds to look for and that is just GT users over the past day

it would be great to upload them all to GD or YT

here is my current list:

let my know if i missed any:

Showoffs Magic

ThunderDemon

PS Fort Cobb

Logon Bruno

Daves Dashin

Kup's Jurry

Concrete Jungle

Crystal Galway

Richard Hatch

Back Kick Beth

Daring Reva

Thunder La La

Zydeco Dancer

P's Real Time

Iza Handy Boy

Legs Eudora

Kiowa Shag Teddy

Kelsos Metaphor

Irma Doll

DS Peaceful Dove

Edited by Blitzkrieg

Guest jackjack

Hi.

Might I be able to add a few more?

1. Akin's Angel, Raced at Hinsdale from 2002-2004

2. DMK's Kick Butt, Raced at Hinsdale from 2003-2005

3. U Too Wise Angel, Raced at Hinsdale from 2003-2004

I can't thank you enough for offering to try and dig up videos of all these pups! My own boy Jack (Logon Bruno) is currently battling osteo, and your story about Blitz just brought tears to my eyes. :cry1

Thank you again.

Guest Blitzkrieg

Hi.

Might I be able to add a few more?

1. Akin's Angel, Raced at Hinsdale from 2002-2004

2. DMK's Kick Butt, Raced at Hinsdale from 2003-2005

3. U Too Wise Angel, Raced at Hinsdale from 2003-2004

I can't thank you enough for offering to try and dig up videos of all these pups! My own boy Jack (Logon Bruno) is currently battling osteo, and your story about Blitz just brought tears to my eyes. :cry1

Thank you again.

added!

sorry to hear about Jack - osteo sucks - it seem to be by far the biggest killer of greys - we gotta find a cure

i hope this pans out: http://www.technologyreview.com/biomedicine/24984/page1/

i am currently houndless but i have 2 hound pre-adopted and a hoping on a 3rd

1 of my preadopts is the extremely close relation to Blitz - basically 3/4 brother

the prospect of osteo scares the hell out of me

Edited by Blitzkrieg

Bella Ann is my pup that raced there. She was there through 2004 if you find any of her. Thank you. I am not sure what format the DVD is in... I haven't used that player in years so I will have to dig out something I created with it.

Just checked Greyhound Data and Buster (Market Watch) raced May thru to August 2008.

Wish I could add my grey to the list. This is so greyt of you to do this. :colgate

Got this from The Dogfather: Hinsdale, NH. This is where he found the track that best suited his style and abilities. Though he never rose above Grasde D at Hinsdale, he did have 42 starts there with 2 more wins and hitting the board jusst 33% of the time. He was a middle of the pack breaker who could occaisionally pass a dog here or there, but, for the most part, wherever he broke, he was going to find himself a comfortable place to run and just enjoy the ride. Times, too, where he'd get out early and due to his style, he'd often times get passed in the course of the race and drift back. The fact that he ran so many races at 4 different tracks must speak to something that his handlers saw in him... or maybe he was just such a cool dog they loved having him around and wanted to give him every chance possible... I'm thinking it was the latter :)

Edited by Blitzen_n_Simone

tn_Simone_sClosetSig.jpg

Guest Blitzkrieg

we went back this morning and this time climbed up to the tower

we hit the mother load - 33 more tapes - most of these date 07 and 08

also found 59 4GB DDS tapes, 7 30GB ADR tapes and 6 IDE hard drives

some of the DDS tapes are dated all the way back to 1996

1 DDS tape is labeled Seabrook

i dont have the tape drives for these, but i will look into it

there was about 15 more tapes in the tower - but they were smashed by the vandals

Snowjay - sorry the big sign was gone - only the busted up frame was there

walking through the place is a bit like playing Fallout 3

i took more pics which i will post to my AG thread

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc420/volksjager88/Hinsdale/015-1.jpg

Edited by Blitzkrieg

Bummer about the sign. :(

Thanks for looking.