Gee Needs All The Prayers She Can Get

Our beautiful bubble wrap girl needs a lot of prayer. I woke up this morning to the sound of her crashing against the side of her crate. I looked up to find her barely able to stand. I tried to get her out but she had no control over her back legs. Mike and I were able to get out and outside to potty but her back legs will not let her walk without falling to one side or the other. Mike rushed her to our vet, god bless him, he just let him in and they had just opened the door. Mike carried her back and put her in a crate. We've heard from Dr. B and Gee has obviously had some sort of neurological event. He's checked her back and it's fine. She is one a drip with steroids right now.

To add to this, Gee has had gastric issues off and on for quite a while now. She gets better for a while and then starts having issues not eating and bouts of the big D. I had been treating her for the last two days and she was improving when this happened. Dr. B decided to x-ray her stomach today and he found a needle in it! I have no idea where she could have gotten it, I don't even sew! Dr. B says it may have been in there for years so she may have gotten it while living in her previous home!

So if things improve with her legs, she's probably going to have the needle surgically removed. Mike asked if Dr. B thought it was getting to the point where we would have to make a decision to let her go and he said not yet, so if you have any prayers to spare we could sure use them.

Gee is 12 1/2 and her Gotcha day is next Tuesday and we sure want her to be here to share it with us.

This is something her bubble wrap couldn't prevent.

BubblewrapGee-1.jpg

10/19

Just got off the phone with Dr. Blackburn. A tiny bit of improvement. He said she is more alert today than yesterday. Her front legs that were affected by yesterday afternoon seem to be working a little better today. Still no improvement in the back legs. She ate for him this morning but has a pretty bad case of diarrhea. They did another x-ray of her stomach and the needle hasn't moved at all. He thinks it may have been embedded in her stomach for a very long time and may have nothing to do with her stomach issues but who knows. She is still on a drip and receiving steroids so all we can do at this point in time is see if she starts to improve and is able to get control of her rear legs. :( He said she's not showing any signs of pain at this point and for that I am extremely grateful. I guess all we can do right now is pray she starts to improve.

We are having all new windows installed in the house tomorrow and Friday so I guess it's a good thing she's not here because I have to move the dogs upstairs tomorrow while they work on the downstairs.

10/22

Our girl is gone. Mike and I went to see her. She could barely stand without assistance and would fall over. I held her head in my hands and looked into her eyes and they were hollow. They were not to bright and shining eyes our girls always had. I told Dr. B it was time. I crawled into her crate with her and held her while she peacefully slipped away.

I can't thank all of you enough for your thoughts, prayers and kind words. They kept us going during this horrible week. Thank you so much.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For cryin' out loud! Doesn't Gee know needles and bubble wrap don't go together?

Seriously, all the good wishes I can summon from down here in Georgia.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Gee, :hope :hope you are in our thoughts and prayers. Get better girl!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Lots of good healing thoughts headed to Gee from Indy.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Good thoughts for Gee. I really hope she improves and today's event is a one time thing. As for the needle...wow! I hope things go well enough for it to be removed. :hope

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Well, gee, Gee! Get better soon and stop worrying everyone! And didn't anyone ever tell you to keep away from needles? Silly sweet girl.

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Judy I have Gee in my prayers and you are all in my heart. Big hugs my friend. :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Sending prayers and white light that she is home and well in time for her gotcha day.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest cristaron

My best wishes for your little bubble wrap girl Judy.

Tons of white light and prayers coming your way. She'll

be back home in no time and celebrating her special day

with you all.