Steak

kamsmom

40d7c4e7.jpg

Steak and I were cuddling this morning on the couch as we often did. He had a seizure at 8am. Today would have marked 7 weeks seizure free. In 45 minutes time he had 8 more seizures and in the 5 minute drive to the vet he had 3 more :(. When we arrived his temp was 107 and they immediatley started to cool him down, started a valium IV and administered valium rectally. He had gone through an entire bottle of valium and was still seizing on top of it.

My heart is broken into a million pieces right now. I was able to hold him and pet him until he was gone and then the vet let us stay together for a while longer. He has the softest fur ever.

He was such a handsome boy and I told him all the time.

I love you buddy.

IMG_7647.jpg

This sucks.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, Beth, I gasped when I saw Steak's name. You've been through so much during your short time together. I'm so very sorry :f_red

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. He was such a beautiful boy & I hoped he would be with you for a long time. Godspeed Steak!

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

No, no, no, not Steak. :(

My eyes are leaking thinking about you and the girls. :grouphug for all of you. I am so glad I got to know him last year.

Edited by DragonLady

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

My heart sank the moment I saw his name at the top of the forum :cry1 I'm so sorry, Beth. You did absolutely everything you could for him. Epilepsy is such a tough thing :( Hugs to you and your family :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

NOOOOO!

Dammit! No more!!

Beth I am so so sorry. I mourn with you.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

On no! No no no no! Oh Beth, I have no words. I'm so so sorry.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

When I saw Aimee's post on FB my heart sank into my stomach and I started to cry. I'm so sorry Beth. I never met Steak in person but felt I knew him a little through our conversations. I'm so very, very sorry. I truly hoped this last round of medication was the key to controlling his seizures. I am so happy that for the last 7 weeks you had your happy go lucky boy back. What a gift that was to you. My heart goes out to you. Godspeed Steak. No more seizures buddy. Run with the wind.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

What I said out loud after opening isn't printable here. You fought the good fight and he maybe had something that wasn't just epilepsy :( You have my healing thoughts and prayers for your broken heart :(

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Oh no, I am so so shocked and sorry. What a terrible sudden loss. I don't know that I ever posted in the thread about Steak's seizures, but I followed it closely. He was a wonderful boy and I loved his name.

:f_white

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

I am not wanting to look at the forum line when I see a precious pups name, so many in so short a period.

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our first greyhound, Snowie to a seizure. I know how helpless you feel when it's happening.

,,Terry

Edited by MyCody

Oh, noo!! I'm so, so sorry for you, Bruce and the girls. My heart is breaking for you. You were all so amazing with Steak and I just can't seem to find the words right now that express the way your relationship with him touched me. Sending hugs to you and the girls.

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

i'm so sorry, beth. i'm glad you brought him to dewey last year so we could all meet him. i don't know what to say.

my thoughts are with you, my friend.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest jackjack

Oh no!!!! Beth, I'm so, so sorry to hear about Steak. He sounded like such a wonderful boy, and I enjoyed reading your stories of him here on GT. Please take care of yourself.

Run seizure-free, Steak. f_yellow

Shelley

If I could see tto type, I would have more to say. I am just sick, shocked and heartbroken for you all.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.