Another Limping Doggy

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Guest Yankeegreyhound

I can't believe all the sad news lately and all the limping babies.

I also can't even imagine that this would be happening to us to soon after Sara's amputation.

Hailey is limping. It's her front left paw. I'm praying she just overdid it in Dewey. I don't feel any lumps or anything. She's IS putting weight on it. That's a good sign, right? She's still up and down the stairs although cautiously. She's still stomping her foot if we don't do what she says fast enough.

Praying it's nothing. I've been hoping that if I kept quiet, it would just go away . I think my husband is doing the same thing. Neither of us have mentioned it.

Please keep Hailey in your prayers. If she's not better in a couple of days, we'll take her to the vet. I don't want to take her though. I'm so afraid.

Guest brindleandfawn

Our boy Sly was limping about a month ago. We were very afraid, but took him in. It was ok. After an x-ray, that found nothing- we decided it might be a really sore foot from a recently extracted nasty corn. He limped for 3 weeks. I know the misery of the fear, but please take Hailey in for a look.

Good luck. Sending positive thoughts your way.

We'll be hoping it's nothing serious and Hailey is on the mend in no time.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I know how hard it is not to worry about this. Keeping you both in our prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Any update on Hailey?

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

So, Hailey is still limping. I checked for corns and I think I might have found one. I have to ask DH to check too. One of her toe pads is harder than the others. I was feeling both feet for a comparison but couldn't say for sure. I did notice, she is better when she's outside. That's a good sign, right??? She was running around the backyard and playing with Sara. I also checked her for sore spots all up and down her leg and into her shoulder and there weren't any.

We don't walk our girls much anymore since Sara's amputation so they always go in the backyard. I'm really hoping she overdid it in Dewey. I felt bad for her at one point because Sara has 2 speeds - super fast and stop! Seriously, with 3 legs, she's a maniac. I was running to keep up with her!!! When I had both girls, Hailey had to run to keep up with Sara too and I think it was too much for her. Hailey was always the slower walker and now, with Sara and her 3 legs, poor Hailey had a tough time keeping up!

I noticed too that it's worse in the am after she's been sleeping all night. Maybe it's arthritis. Maybe it's both. I started giving her dermaxx (SP?) and if I don't see an improvement by Thursday, I'll make a vet appointment.

Man - going away with 3 senior citizens was not easy!!! Sara lost a toenail, Hailey has a limp and my mother pulled something in her leg!!!

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Ok. I made the appointment for Thursday. I remembered that my DH is off Thursday so I can take Hailey while he stays home with the skin kids. I din't want to wait any longer especially if it's nothing. It it's nothing, I can stopy worrying.

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Do corns hurt when you push on them??? I found a bump on her foot pad. Not sure if it's a corn. I was pressing on it and she didn't flinch.

I keep checking her leg. Looking for a tender spot - nothing. Checked her shoulder - nothing. Under her leg - nothing. Wiggled her toes - nothing.

She isn't crying in pain. No swelling. Just limping. She puts weight on it too. When she was eating at her food dish yesterday, I was watching her. She is standing on both front legs evenly.

Thursday can't come soon enough.