Introducing Miss Lexie

Guest SilverGirl

Guest SilverGirl

Hello all!

I believe I have done this backwards - I have posted a tiny bit here and there but have never introduced myself. Sorry about that!

I have a 10 1/2 year old brood mare named Lexie. She is a lovely cowdog and just a hoot. I will have had her a year in just a tad over a week! She is very vocal, not that interested in stuffies (unless she is frustrated or annoyed, and then look out!) and regularly worships (or wants to anyway) the great and powerful Frosty Paw.

She is only my second greyhound, and my second broodie as well and is just awesome.

I would like to also say that I love this forum and have been relying on it for advice, information, and laughter. In fact, it got me through my hysterectomy last year - anytime I needed a smile or a laugh, I could always get one by looking at everyone's beautiful dogs and reading the funny stories!

When I am not doing all things Greyhound, I enjoy reading and also watching MST3K movies. I freely admit that I am a nerd, as I love Star Trek, comic books, etc. :lol:

Welcome!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest SilverGirl

IMG_0943.jpg

I hope this works! This is a picture we took of her last year, right after we got her.

So nice to meet all of you! And Zombrie, I must say you have the most awesome cowdog!

And Patclara, I would have to agree, broodies are awesome!

Edited by SilverGirl

Guest avadogner

Hi Silvergirl,

Welcome to Greytalk from Birmingham, AL. I so wish I had known about GT when we adopted out first. Looking back, Ava was one messed up, skittish, horribly shy and likely abused hound. We learned together and now you would never ever know that the Diva was a freak so many years ago. Adopting our second helped me find the perspective and peace to make the hard decision to have the hysterectomy my Drs were begging me to do. The universe/God has a way of bringing us to the right decisions if we just follow the signs. I am happy to have a new face here and keep the pics coming!

-ava & augie's mum

Guest SilverGirl

Xan - Thank you for that!

Avadogner - I appreciate your sharing that, it does help. I am happy to be here!

EllenEveBaz - Thank you! I need to make those! Then she could have one every day. I do believe that would be acceptable to her. :lol

Guest SilverGirl

welcome, and i love the name :lol:lol:lol

Hello! Isn't it great! ;) And I love your Miss Lexie's hats - such a pretty girl! And a therapy dog too! So cool!