Greyt Burping

Guest SupersMom

Guest SupersMom

Our little girl is settling in nicely, and starting to let her real personality come out of it's shell. Every now and then I thought I would hear her burp. Not totally sure at first I shrugged it off, but tonight Super burped right in my face!

Our sweet, polite little girl has picked up on burping. I'd like to think it coming out the front end is better than the back end, but I've never even heard of a greyhound burp. She can clear a city block from her back end! Does anyone else's greys burp? Is this normal?

Super eats a steady diet from an elevated dish, eats at the same time almost every day (except when we take her to the local doggie restaurant).

Yup, all dogs burp. And cats too. :)

We consider belching in our face as a sign of affection in our house. :beatheart

Belching from the dogs, that is! :lol :lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Maddie is an excellent burper and is usually next to face or near me when she does burp. Very lady like Maddie.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Yep...burps here after every meal too.

I am always on DB about not feeding extras to the dogs, they gain too much when he feeds them extras. I was out one day and left him spaghetti dinner to eat. When I got home he proudly said "And no....I didn't share one bit with the pups". Two minutes later Kare Bear came to me and burped in my face....GARLIC burps. It was pretty obvious he had given her garlic bread from his dinner. He still denies it to this day :lol

I can't help laughing at this! Yes, it's normal. All dogs burp.

We had a dog once that just loved to walk up to you after he ate, give you a little wag, and belch right in your face. I think it was his way of saying, "Awesome meal! Thanks!"

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Twiggy isn't much of a burper, but when I had my cattle dog Ezra, it was a ritual for him to come over to me as soon as he finished a meal, gaze lovingly into my eyes and let out a loooong soft belch. I always took it to mean "Thank you so much for the meal, I loved it and I love you". :lol (anthropomorphize much?? :P )

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Guest mbfilby

Cy has always made a point of coming to say thank-you after he's done dinner. Most often it's in the form of an in-your-face burp. "You're Welcome!" :lol

Yep! The girlies all do it in a very ladylike manner. Gustopher P Jones, however, ALWAYS burped like an old, fat, bald man, sittin on the couch in his shorts, scratchin, drinkin beer and eating Cheetos. And always up in your face with it.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest avadogner

You betcha mine belch! Augie always eats his food too fast and I end up rubbing his belly and he belches like my NICU babies. Ava likes to sneak up cuddle and them silently burp andTHEN blow it in our face. Rotten rascals! Glad I am not alone on this. Mine do drive by gassing too.

Guest SupersMom

Greyt to hear that they are supposed to do that! It is usually after pm feeding, although not always right after. What thoughtful pups we have.

Thanks!

One of mine more than the other two. She finishes eating and shortly after gives a nice contented burp. Someone told me once that in some countries burping is considered a compliment to the chef. :lol

Guest mnblewis1

I had one year ago that would always burp. He ate like he thought we were never going to feed him again then let out a big burp when he was done. He always had a happy look on his face afterward.

Merlin comes right up to my face after gphis meal and burps :wub: It's so stinking cute, and I always congratulate on a great burp :P Then I give him his pill and his cookie. It's a little ritual in our house now :blush

Sagan burps too, but his burps aren't as cute and actually sound quite loud and a tad gross :rofl

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Lila has her after meal routine - She wipes her snoot on her blanket then flops down on her side and burps. If she doesn't burp, I pat her ribs and she burps like a baby. :blush

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Guest IndysDad

There's nothing like a good "Thank You" burp to make you feel special :) .....

Our late Miss Wingie would finish her dinner, walk over to me and give me the "you are the sun, the moon, the center of my universe" look and procede to blow your hair back with one of her burps....then turn and walk away with a satisfied expression on her face....I miss that girl.....