True Is Gone. Very Sudden.

Guest candt

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a terrible shock to have her leave you so suddenly. But you are right---and wise to realize---she was safe and happy and very much loved right until the very end.

What an absolutely breathtaking picture Riley's Legacy posted. Her beauty and elegance seem timeless.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious lady True.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I never realized you changed your user name, I thought you left us. :blush

Regardless I'm so thankful for True that her illness was very short duration and she didn't suffer long term, although their sudden departure is usually harder on us. You have my thoughts :(

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. What a wonderful picture of True! She was beautiful. Godspeed True! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

thank you so much everyone. your words mean a lot. my fiance read through this thread and it brought tears to his eyes.

we are dealing wih the trauma of yesterday and also just missing her for who she is. on top of that the house seems so empty and lonely.

im trying to stay fromductive and i dont know if its the weather/heat/humidity or the pain, but im having a very hard time breathing today.

we have been having discussions on all kidns of things. how grateful we are that she didnt suffer long. memories of specific instances and general behaviors that she had. and even talks about the future....we have talked some about fostering...we literally just bought a big house with a HUGE yard 6 weeks ago and with all the love we have and the yard and our greyhound experience, we do feel like one day we could be a good home for another dog.

it is hard because the fence just went up and she had such a short time to enjoy the yard. it seems like such cruel irony that we bought her a house (and really, that was the major reason that we moved from a condo to a house) and that she enjoyed it for such a short amount of time.

right now we just miss her so much, from her stinky breath to her cute little toes. she had amazing eyes and an amazing heart.

Guest MnMDogs

I'm so sorry. I remember meeting you, Lucy, True and Riley on the beach at my first Dewey. I had Mork and Matty with me...

True was a beauty and I'm glad she had such a long happy life with you.

I am so sorry for your loss and I know what you must be feeling, We lost our Momma Tess suddenly and we felt the same way you did, we were grateful that she went on her own and that we did not have to make the decision, I just wish she would have been able to go without pain. May the love you have for True carry you through the sad days.

:f_pink :f_pink I am very sorry for your loss. :f_pink :f_pink

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I am so sorry, What a beautiful girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest ReleaseTheHound

OMG this is so similar to the symptoms that Kelly had with her seizure on Friday. I am so sorry this happened to you too.

When the necropsy results for Kelly are available, in 2 weeks, I will post them to H&M. Maybe the info can save someone else.