My Cat Was Put Down

Guest ceelo

Guest ceelo

my parents just called. the cat i grew up with was put down. he was diagnosed with kidney disease 2 years ago and finally succumbed to it today at the ripe age of 18. it happened all of a sudden. the vet remarked how well he was doing physically other than the KD.

the last time i went to my parents house was months ago. i never knew that the last time i saw him was the -last- time id ever see him.

i got off the phone, crying like mad, and gave True a big hug and told her how much i lover her already (its just been a week and a half).

my cat was a loving wonderful cat. very social, had lots of friends, human and feline. he was really a beautiful cat, runt of the litter, yet grew to be 16 pounds. ran around all day and hunted at night. i remember the day before easter he killed (and decapitated!) a bunny rabbit on our front doorstep when i was a kid. i thought i might not get any candy!

i just cant believe i never got to say goodbye. i love him so much.

Guest ceelo

thank you so much for your kind words.

i tried to relax by watching tv. first thing i see is a woman talking about her dog having cancer and having to put it to sleep...

sigh...

I'm sorry for your loss. There is never enough time with them :( .

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. It sounds like he was quite a fellow -- a good hunter, and an even better friend. Hugs to you and your parents.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Ferrevergrey

It's hard to loose a close friend, no matter how old they are. I still remember when I lost Half Mask, the first cat I can remember. They're always with you in spirit.

I am so sorry...it is always hard to let go...know that he is at the Bridge watching. :(f_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry. When I heard that the cat I grew up with died (at the age of 24), I felt the same way. It's so hard! I don't know what to say except that you have my sympathy and condolences.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest ceelo

i told my old boyfriend about my cats passing and his response was this:

"that is sad news but I am so glad you told me. He was one of my favorite animals OF ALL TIME. I loved him. what a great kittycat. He was such a great animal who was loved by anyone who knew him … especially you, and me!! so regal and sweet and strong…I am glad that he did not suffer too much and had an awesome neighborhood to roam around in in his golden years!"

Guest TorynUs

So sorry to hear of your dear cat's passing. I know what you mean about not being able to say goodbye....It happened to us also. I left for work one morning, saw our cat just like any other normal day, (he was not ill) and when I came home from work, I found he had passed away on my bed where he had been sleeping, of natural causes. He was only 7. My husband works primarily out of our house, and was home, and he was not aware it had happened either because the cat always slept on our bed. So you see you can never really prepare for something like that, and we are really never absolutely ready to say good bye either. Take care in knowing he had a nice long life with love. Hugs....

This is so heartbreaking. I know. I just put one cat down for KD. He was only 5. Am now preparing for the inevitable with my 13 year old. Classic signs and I will not put this one thru rehydration like I did with my other baby. Everyday is a gift.

Goodbye never is and never will be easy.

My sincere sympathy.

tn_Simone_sClosetSig.jpg

Guest cindysmom

I'm so sorry for your loss. I truly know how difficult that is. He will be missed, but it sounds like he had quite a quality life, thanks to you and your family.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!