Aortic Mass Or Clot In Left Atrium

Holding my breath and crossing everything for positive news.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

update

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Oh my god, I can't believe this. How awful.

I'm heart-broken for you all - especially sweet Lazer. So young. Thank god he had some time in your wonderful home.

Sending hugs & comforting wishes (as if that's possible) out to you. Enjoy every second with him. :(

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Guest MnMDogs

I have been following your story and my heart breaks for you and your husband. I'm so very sorry :(

Edited by MnMDogs

I have also been following your story but have not posted. My heart is breaking for you, your husband and Lazer. Please don't beat yourself up about doing CPR. It was far more likely that it would have saved him, than this sad outcome. We do the best we can, given what we know at the time. I think it was incredibly brave and smart of you to do everything you could at the time to save him. He knows you love him, and would do everything possible to give him a great life. He has known love, comfort and security in your home. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all.

Lorinda I am heartbroken for you and your husband over this news. I was afraid the news was going to be bad when you hadn't already posted an update when I last checked. As I've said and Jane also don't beat yourself up for doing CPR. Lazer knows you did it out of love for him.

:grouphug

Lorinda, I am so sorry. You did such brave thing trying to save Lazer's life. Don't second guess that. How could you have known what was coming? Sending you and your husband a hug. Give Lazer a hug from us, too.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

My heart goes out to you and your husband. I'm so sorry the diagnosis wasn't better.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I have been following and wishing things could be better. I am so sorry.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Oh no....Lorinda, I am so sorry. We all hoped for better news. You have fought hard for your boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry the news wasn't better. Please don't beat yourself up. You did exactly what so many of us wish we had done ourselves in the past.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry for all of you. He is much too young-not fair at all. Sending prayers for your family.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

:cry1 I was so hoping the ultrasound would show something that could at least be treated with drugs, for awhile. I am so sorry :bighug

I understand how you feel about the CPR, but you couldn't know what was in the future, and you did what seemed best for your boy at the time. That is all we can ever do.

:grouphug Oh no Lorinda, I am so very very Sorry, Please know that Lazer and your family is in our thoughts and prayers!!!!!!! :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Oh no, this was not the update I was hoping and praying for. I know what you're going through with DH, Mike and I were at opposite ends with Emmy. I was ready to let her go long before we did, he just couldn't wrap his head around it. It makes a bad situation even worse.

You are all in my prayers. When the time comes may Lazer have a peaceful passing. This is just heart breaking.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

"Sorry" just doesn't do it for me at times like this. So many prayers by so many people, but there was another plan. 5 is just too d*mned young to leave and you're right - 20 years wouldn't be enough, either! I read your update this morning and just couldn't answer - too many tears and couldn't see the screen. Lorinda, my heart is breaking for you and DH. Wish he could "fix it", but then, that's a guy thing.

Please don't beat yourself up for doing CPR! Don't question the big picture - just do what you know needs to be done - make Lazer's last few hours the best possible. He came to you for a reason and he's leaving like this for a reason. I certainly don't know why; I just don't have a better explanation.

I'm here if you need me. I will be holding you, DH and of course Lazer gently in my prayers and in my heart.

Edited by duncan41

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Lorinda, I am so sorry to hear the prognosis. :weep Please know that you, DH and Lazar are in many, many prayers and thoughts. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly