Aortic Mass Or Clot In Left Atrium

9/7

wednesday - 28 days since his collapse!

I thought, one more update on this thread before I start a new one!

and Dare I say, crisis over ???? :goodluck:ph34r

we go tomorrow morning for a follow up, ultrasound of Lazer's heart

he has been alternating eating and not eating,, driving me crazy! I did weigh him last friday, he was at 74.5lbs and i'm hoping for close to 78 tomorrow!!! his low was 69lbs , normal ~ a skinny 81, (should be 84)

he will chase bunnies, then lay down, looking so sad and about to give up on life.

the roller coaster is a wild ride, and i'm sure he feels it too.

supplements and oils and prescribed meds are all going down the hatch well, that's one good thing, I've never had to fight him to pill him.

We have stopped all additional fluids. another good thing. he was getting sore from me poking him, but he is doing well without the sub Q fluids.. i have some on hand just in case.

so, look tomorrow for a new thread

hoping, praying, fasting, dreaming, crossing all fingers and toes and arms and legs for positive improvements!!!!

feel free to start chanting :rolleyes:

thanks everyone!

How will i get any sleep tonight!?

Lorinda and Lazer

8/31

Wednesday

Lazer is hanging in there,, actually doing better than that. He is just so picky about his food. i have to coax him to eat enough thru the day. we are just barely getting the daily required amount in him,,,, and he is still trying to gain back from the first horrible week when he didn't eat anything, so he can't afford to skimp on his food. Of course he eats treats -- just wish the food tasted that good to him. He is still happy, and trotting around the property looking for bunnies, and generally tolerating the heat pretty well.

supplements are going in him morning, noon and night.

prescription pills,, morning, noon and night,, One good thing,, my cardiologist asked a compounding pharmacy to make plavix for us.. $50 for one month rather than $200 from wallmart ~ DEAL!!!

oils being administered morning, noon and night

fluids every afternoon

It's a full time job!

we did make another mini-ultrasound apt. with the cardiologist for NEXT friday. 8th. that will be 2 days shy of the 1 month mark from his collapse.

i am sooo hoping and praying there is a visible difference in the size of the clots ~~ it's what i dream about, it's all i think about. :hope

please think 'EAT' thoughts for my boy -- eat lazer, eat lazer, eat lazer, EAT!!!!

post-6381-0-19752700-1314832855_thumb.jpg

thanks for your continued support!

lorinda

PS.. this picture is a year old,, but he is still just as cute.. and he really does have ears.. guess i could have found a better pic. :blush

8/27

17 days since his original collapse -- he died in my driveway,, i gave him CPR, revived him,, and started praying,, i haven't stopped !!!

Its been 17 days since the first ultra sound showed us the clot in his heart.

I never thought Lazer would make it thru the first weekend,

then he lived thru a week of hell. i couldn't get him to eat anything, he was a walking skeleton.

the second blow was seeing an additional clot in the second ultra sound --- after a week, he now has 2 clots one in his aorta, one in his pulmonary artery!

then, I believe, with the help of essential oils, herbal supplement, sub q fluids and the allopathic medicines ~~ he started to slowly feel better. started eating, and being present in life as we know it! He was getting better..

then came the third punch to our gut,, the diagnosis of PLN. ok, change his diet, add different supplements, support kidneys, liver and cardiovascular...

IF he can continue to thrive,, and not throw blood clots,, we will be doing good -- but a ticking time bomb is happening in his heart ---

I have a friend who is a holistic nurse, she has a contrast phase microscope,,(that thing is sooo Cool!!) sure, she said, I can look at dog blood, bring him over.

we almost couldn't get Lazer to bleed for a simple little blood smear. His blood is soooooo THICK! it clots almost instantly.

he has more toxins, fungus, and bacteria floating around his blood than he does actual red blood cells. and the red blood cells he does have are oxygen starved and moving like they are suspended in pudding! my poor boy..

oh, the 4th punch in our gut,, he actually has tested positive for Valley Fever. a really low titer, but it's there ---

What more can my poor sweet boy endure.

Food mom,, his eyes are asking for more food.

oil mom,, sure, let me roll over, put it on my tummy,, oh and don't forget to kiss my nose while you there! :blush sure thing lazer-dazer,, anything you want!

bunnies,, mom, look at the bunnies!!!

he is alive and living life! not 1/2 dead anymore! not waiting to go to sleep,,, he is active and participating in life,, even when he HAS to feel like crap!!!

you should see his shelf,, full of 11 different supplements to detox and get rid of fungus,,,4 prescribed medications, 18 different essential oils, my boy smells like an EXPENSIVE HIPPY!!! :P i have a diffuser going 24/7,, i know where to get the least expensive Lactated Ringers for subQ fluids,, DON'T eat THAT hamburger, it's for Lazer for taking his pills.... OMG!!! it would be COMICAL if it weren't so dire.

we are doing ok. Lazer is happy to be here, happy to have food, and happy to go outside (when it isn't 117 degrees) he is happy!!

I will keep doing this, until he's not happy anymore,, or until fate takes him away... Until then ~~

my miracle boy!! he's so sweet,, I'll take a picture soon, so you can see his soft, sweet soul in his eyes. he is my boy!

Thank you all for the continued prayers and support...

sorry this is long,,

Lorinda

8/24

Wednesday

Good news: Lazer feels Good!!! :pepper no coughing, he is eating, gaining weight,, pooping and peeing like a champ. feels good!!!

bad news,, I know why he is creating blood clots: PLN

In severs cases of glomerular disease, nephritic syndrome can result due to the extreme urinary protein loss. high blood pressure, tendency to form abnormal blood clots and edema are problems he is showing complications of this disease..

his specific gravity of urine is normal,, however the UPC is really high = 6 (normal about .2)

his albumin is really low,, this is a protein,, about the same size as anti thrombin 3 ~ anti thrombin 3 running loose in the blood, as i understand it, is what is causing the clotting.. it is not being controlled by the kidneys,, it is escaping and causing the blood to clot.

PLEASE ~~~ IF THIS SOUNDS WRONG TO YOU,, I WANT TO KNOW ,, THIS IS WHAT I AM BEING TOLD IS WRONG WITH MY BOY!!!

i don't know what it worse, the clot = death

PLN = not fix able, but can treat for some time IF i can control the protein that is creating the clot.

the holistic, essential oils that we have been doing, and the testing all show a HIGH level of toxins. IF we can get rid of these toxins,,,, the million dollar ?????

CAN THE BODY (kidneys) HEAL ITSELF ?

he is still taking Plavix, enalopril and deltiazam, i was told to add aspirin,,, however essential oils will do the same thing, without the load on his kidneys which are already having issues.

so.

That's what I know

anyone out there with PLN success stories you'd like to share..

what did you do to make life easier, food taste better,, life last longer????

sooo many updates, and still it seems like a dire outcome.

trying to stay positive, but now,, seems like we have hit a wall

Lazer,, i have to remember,, is HAPPY right now. eating and loving life. he has come along way in the last 2 weeks. from deaths door,, literally,, to asking for food and wanting to play with stuffies.. i just want to have a magic wand,, fairy dust,,,,

I promise ~ I'll share!!!

Lorinda - feeling deflated :unsure

8/22

Monday

the weekend seemed good, then as i thought about it, saturday was a good day, sunday was a mediocre day,, this morning was iffy,,,, but this afternoon, Lazer seems to be doing really well. the roller-coaster ride continues,,

I promised, If he lived to today, we'd get blood work done,, so off to the vet we went.

Lazer has GAINED 2.5 lbs since last monday!!!

blood work, urinalysis will be back tomorrow and valley fever results will be in mid week.

Lazer will try to eat 1/2 can dog food at a time,, and about 1/2 lbs raw hamburger/egg mixture at a time,, so I think by the end of the day, he is actually almost getting the nutrition he needs to survive. i'd like to see him eat an extra 1/2 can a day, but i'll take this for now.

i was real down this morning and didn't want to transfer my ugh energy, or lack thereof to Lazer,,, I feel better now, and am back to my continuous chanting and prayers for my boy!

i'll let you know what the results show when i get them

Lorinda

8/20

Late

we had a good day.. reassessment of the essential oils this morning, we are increasing the oils to help to the lymph, kidneys and liver to get the toxins out of his system. and continuing with all the other essentials.. and herbal supplements.....

Lazer is doing well. and definitely better every day!

he ate a full can of dog food, like a real dog today.

and he ate some filet mignon, and french bread soaked in juices from the BBQ.. he was in heaven

and more! he is happy, alert and follows me everywhere.

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers.. this along with the holistic,, and the regular medicine.. i hope we are doing the right thing.

Can this really be working?

in awe and amazement of the wonder of essential oils

Lorinda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/19

930 am

Today is the day we were planning on saying good by to Lazer ~~~~~

HOWEVER

on the 16th I started all kinds of essential oils, subQ fluids, and other holistic things --- just to try and keep him as comfortable as possible for the remaining week...

I don't understand really how all that works, but let me just tell you,,, IT IS WORKING!

Lazer has been eating small amounts thru the day

he breaths easier

he isn't running a high temp.

he rests comfortably

his eyes are alert and he is HERE In the moment,, not far away like earlier this week.

in my mind,, i don't understand all of this, I'm assuming the clots are still there,, I also am assuming the oils are doing their cellular level things, cleaning toxins, aiding in liver/kidney/heart support.

Can the oils and other enzymes, cardiovascular support really do what modern medicine can't? (lazer is still on all meds. prescribed to him)

He is not in pain or discomfort and as long as he keeps eating ~~ i selfishly want to keep him with me!

i'm trying hard to stay focused and to not get my hopes up too high,, but ,, i'm going to give him every chance to beat this thing

Let's Prove the Veterinarians/Cardiologist WRONG!!!

Lorinda, still keeping the faith!

8/15

8 pm

What a day,, i'm heart broken for DH and me,, and for my young beautiful boy!

the ultra sound today showed the "main" clot has doubled in size,,, AND the artery that feeds blood to the lungs,, is almost completely blocked with more clotting! this is new from wednesday's ultrasound. gown while on all the med's he's on.

In my heart, I wanted to be hopeful,, but instinctively knew Lazer's time was short with us..

DH is having a hard time with all this,, being an Engineer/Scientist/Entrepreneur,,, he wants to invent the thing that fixes everything! god bless him! he is wonderful, but this is not the time for inventions.

We could do hospitalization, major drugs (that are proven NOT to work well in animals) and hope that he doesn't throw a clot,, or bleed out.. but he has something else wrong, that we may never know... Why does his blood create the clots to begin with???? PLN is what the cardiologist says is the most common reason..... well, Lazer did have a 3+ protein in his urine in march,, but all other blood work up looked good,, so I'm not convinced it's that..

ultimately we would be chasing a snow ball down a mountain wishing it would get smaller but watching it grow, and grow, and grow

my boy, only 5 years old.

I wish i could make it all go away

i wish i never did CPR on him,, he'd have passed, and yes, we'd have wondered why,, but now this,, watching, knowing the ticking time bomb in his heart that is growing. Lazer is down to 69lbs.. he has always been 80 lbs.. and looked skinny even then.. skin and bones.. it makes my heart hurt to look at him.

we will love him, and tell him what a wonderful boy he is,, and let him go,, sometime this week.

personally, I wanted sooner rather than later, but the engineer is still planning his break-thru miracle thing.

Thank you all for your support.

my heart is breaking,, and well you know. there is never enough time ~ they go when they are called.

L-

[small improvements with Lazer all day today!

I'm afraid to even hope,,

but I think the antibiotics are making him feel better ~ and the food i've pushed into him has to make him feel good too!

tomorrow cardiac appt. at 2pm.. i'll let you know how it goes.

L-

8/14

940am

Lazer again slept well ,, only one potty out at 4am..

He had a fever of 104.8 last night. got that down with cold compresses. this morning he is hovering around 103..

I emailed with the DVM who did the ultrasound, he said to start cephalexin.. so that is added to the mix today.

He has an appt. tomorrow with the Cardiologist,, the DVM pulled strings and got us in to the original place.

Lazer still doesn't want to eat ~ I have to push small bites of food into his mouth to get food in his tummy. but if he has had a fever this whole time, no wonder he doesn't want food, on top of everything else that is going on with his little body! poor guy.

Power and Spirit took off right in front of Lazer - chasing a bunny,, Lazer actually got a little trott going before I could say no, stop!

so, tomorrow we will know more.

i will keep the faith !!

push the food, pills, cold compresses, water and potty breaks.

thank you all for your kind words ~ it really helps !!

lorinda

8/13

9am

Lazer is hanging in there. Once I get him to lay down, he can rest comfortably for several hours, which is what his body needs. when he is up and pacing and panting and coughing, that's what is hard to watch.. i am beginning to question my choice of CPR for my beautiful boy! I want the medications to work NOW! not later! i don't want my boy to suffer, and i hope DH and i can unite on our decision of quality of life for Lazer.

I want to give him every opportunity to beat this..I just don't know if i'm strong enough to watch what he has to go thru to get there.

feeling down and trying to stay strong for my boy!

L-

8/12

9am

Dh got home last night. Lazer was sleeping and didn't get up ~ but didn't complain either when DH went over and loved on him for 45 min or so! :blush

Lazer had a calm night, only one potty break, and right back to bed. This is a huge improvement from the first night when he paced and panted endlessly. so we both got good sleep. unfortunatly, He is coughing more. and he has a hard time getting comfortable laying down. i have to really convince him to stay laying down ,, he did eat a little bit this morning, and continues to drink lots of water.

that's it, i guess i'll take it for now.

i'm not necessarily defeated,, but i'm not filled with hope either.

watching and waiting with guarded emotions.

lorinda

8/11

730pm

Lazer has had a good, relaxed day. He finally ate a small bit of food this afternoon, and he continues to drink lots of water.

The cardiologist called to check in on him, I told him of the cough, he just said to try and keep him calm. I think the enalipril will help to get rid of fluid retention.

The cardiologist wants me to bring lazer in for a consultation with a Sr. Cardiologist,, to have a second opinion, second pair of eyes can't hurt, well maybe just the wallet for a second.

I was told the first 24 hours are the most critical, we made that, and am so happy laser is still here for DH to come home to.

Thank you all for you support!

The power of GT is real!!

L-

8/11

7am

we made it thru the night. Lazer seems slightly better. his ears perked up once and he is looking around the house with more interest, less like the walls are going to fall in on him. he has not eaten since yesterday morning. In the last 2 weeks, he's lost 6 lbs. Lazer is always on the skinny side, but he now looks painfully thin. he had a 3 hour calm sleep starting @ 2:30am. it was almost too calm.. i kept waking up to see if he was still breathing.

he is drinking water like it crazy, not taking any treats of food. I cooked rice and chicken for him anticipating the lack of appetite with the med's. i hope he will eat soon.

one (more) scary thing ~ he's started a cough. deep rumbling cough. the cardiologist asked me if he'd been coughing, and at that time I answered no.. but now, the cough and It cannot become a heavy cough. right now it seems like he is trying to clear his throat

I haven't talked with DH yet! he had a big presentation yesterday and hobnobbing with the movers and shakers,,, i didn't want to upset him... he comes home tonight late. now I can't decide if I should tell him on the phone, i'm dreading his update call or just wait until he gets home.

looks like Lazer is ready for a nap, think i'll join him. If i can keep Power and Spirit from crawling out of their skin,, they really want a walk, and can't figure out why Lazer gets to put on the leash overtime he goes outside!

Thanks for the support and prayers!!

lorinda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry this is long! and maybe jumbled :huh

This morning Lazer was fine, he ate his breakfast with more enthusiasm than what he has had recently.

after a breif nap post breakfast, potty time. I let him and Power out together, I went to put on clothes to work in the yard for the day,, and I hear the dreaded scream.. only one, and that scared me!

I ran out, not fully dressed, and Lazer is laying on his side, not moving,, power is looking at me,, innocent

Lazer was out cold,, had already lost his bladder and was laying it it and then i notice he wasn't breathing,, and then i noticed his heart stopped beating!!!!!!!!!!

and his tongue was turning blue ~~~

I gave him CPR for what seemed like forever, probably only 45 seconds,,, Lazer gasped for air, opened his eyes. but didn't lift his head or anything..

IT WAS AWFUL!!! to put it mildly

after a few minutes, i got him up, he walked on his own, very unstable, looking around weirdly. i hosed him off,, I thought to cool him.. and he was laying in pee.

and then drove to the vet. thankfully opened at 7:30 and I only beat them by 2 minutes.

Lazer was is Atrial Fibrillation --- his heart was like a bowl of jelly, trying to get the blood moving, but without a clear pump beat.

They referred me to a Cardiologist, for a heart ultrasound. apt. at 10:30

I get there, and vet techs are waiting for us, and take us right back ... ultra sound shows a Mass or Clot in his aorta,, left ventricle

we did a ultra sound of his abdominals, everything looks great

took exrays of his lungs,, they are perfect

so,, it now looks less like a Mass (hemangio sarcoma) and more like a clot

he is on analapril

Diltiazem, to help regulate his heart

Plavix, to stop the clot from continuing ,,

UGH!!!!!!

We are guessing part of the clot came loose and that's what caused the episode this morning.. We really don't know.

so now what

Lazer is having a really hard time breathing, I know his heart is not beating right, and that his circulation is bad because of this his coordination is off.

I'm afraid to blink!

we are in a wait and see approach. My vet said, if the clot can absorb by itself, and if we can get his heart rate back to normal he will be ok. IF!!!

HAS ANYONE BEEN THRU THIS???

to make matters worse: DH is out of town, this is a new vet for me,, in a new town with none of my usual greyhound support system at my fingertips!

Looking for anything, or maybe nothing,, just needing support from the wisdom of GT

Thanks!

Lorinda

he was fine this morning at 7am!! :weep he's only 5yrs young!!!

8/11

Edited by 3DogNite

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy petunias. No advice, just lots of prayers for your boy and many many hugs for your worried self.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I know only of the disease in humans - the AFib part and it's manageable with blood thinners (coumadin and/or plavix) and meds to regulate the heart rate (ditilizem and enalapril and coreg and digoxin among others). In some cases the heart converts back to normal rhythm and in others the meds are used to make the heart work around the normal rhythm. Keeping the blood thinned so it doesn't clot is of utmost importance. Atrial Fib is (essentially) spasming of the upper heart chambers, they beat too rapidly and without pace therefore not effectively filling the ventricles which are the chambers that feed blood to the body and lungs. Some Fib patients do convert on their own or with use of meds. Some Fib patients have a pacemaker implanted and others fibrillate the rest of their lives.

Hope the information helps somehow... :(

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

OMG, Lorinda! I just don't know what to say except that you know that I will be praying non-stop for Lazer. Like Angie, I am only familiar with the human side of A-fib. Did the cardiologist give you any indication whether the clot was as a result of the irregular heartbeat or if it was the cause? Treatment prescribed parallels that of humans, too.

Hang in there. You know you can PM me if you need to. Sending powerful white, healing light for Lazer and hugs of comfort to you.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Lazer is having a really hard time breathing, I know his heart is not beating right, and that his circulation is bad because of this his coordination is off.

I'm afraid to blink!

So sorry to hear about Lazer's heart problems. Sounds like you handled things very well this morning with the CPR and getting him to the vet so quickly. Your comment about him having a hard time breathing really concerns me. Was he having difficulty breathing when you were at your vet or the cardiologist this morning? Did they suggest hospitalization for monitoring, injectable meds, and possibly oxygen therapy? Do you have an e-clinic nearby if he gets worse tonight? Sending good thoughts for you and Lazer. :hope

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

I'm afraid to blink!

So sorry to hear about Lazer's heart problems. Sounds like you handled things very well this morning with the CPR and getting him to the vet so quickly. Your comment about him having a hard time breathing really concerns me. Was he having difficulty breathing when you were at your vet or the cardiologist this morning? Did they suggest hospitalization for monitoring, injectable meds, and possibly oxygen therapy? Do you have an e-clinic nearby if he gets worse tonight? Sending good thoughts for you and Lazer. :hope

I don't think his breathing is really WORSE . Now that i know what is going on with his heart, i'm am really paranoid that any additional stress will bring on the worst result.. it's just that i'm watching him so closely, I wish I could breath for him.!!!

I have an e-vet about 15 min away, the trick will be to get him in the van by myself if he can't walk. I do know how to get there, and have the phone number handy!

the cardiologist didn't suggest hospitalization. I have read that oxygen can be helpful. the med's he's on doesn't need monitoring.

I think the med's people are given to dissolve clots are not given to animals. I asked about anything that will do this for him, and nothing was ever presented to me that would accomplish this.

His feet are cold, his chest is burning hot. it's been like this all day. the blood just isn't getting to his limbs,, and his heart is working overtime ,, but ineffectively ~

I have to give him a chance to recover! If the vet thinks there is a chance, I want to give it to him ... It's just so hard to watch. maybe hospitalization for him would be better for me??!? he is a worrying , nervous boy. I don't think he'd do well in the hospital. i don't know , maybe he'd be better there,,

second guessing my decisions is going to keep me awake tonight.

Thank you all for keeping us close in your thoughts tonight!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Lorinda, I'm so sorry for you and poor Lazer!!! How truly scary and horrifying. We'll be thinking good thoughts for you all tonight.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Oh, Lorinda, I wish I had some concrete advice, or even some magic! I am scared for you and Lazer, just reading about this, and I'm so sorry you both are going through such stress. You were brave and smart, and are trying to help your sweet boy in every way possible.

Sending lots of Power Ranger white light and prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

OMG, how scary! You are both in my thoughts.

How is he this morning? How about you?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Just now seeing this. I am so impressed that you were able to give CPR and get Lazer to the vet under those harrowing circumstances. How terrifying! Hoping he continues to improve. Sending you a big hug across the miles. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

That is terrifying but it sounds like you handled it very well. I hope Lazer is doing a little better this morning and he was able to get comfortable last night so you could get some sleep too. If the cardiologist thinks he has a chance to stabilize and possibly improve on the meds, then I agree giving the poor boy a shot at life is a good thing. Only 5 yrs old? I am sorry you are both going through this as that is too young. We keep you both in our thoughts.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

You are clearly very brave and strong and I'm praying for Lazer to recover quickly. Thank goodness you had the knowledge and presence of mind to do the CPR and he had the will and strength to come back. You know how dogs are-sometimes they overcome the worse so quickly. He is obviously strong like you and a fighter so that is a lot to think positive about. I wouldn't 2nd guess bringing him home. The love you are pouring in to him moment by moment being with him is very strong. Plus he is not ill in a strange place wondering what happenned to his world. I know after I brought Minny home from intensive care I knew it was one of the best decisions I'd ever made. For Lazer::kiss2:getwell