"elton" Ms.'s Hyway Man

Guest shanesmom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shanesmom

You are all so kind. Thank you. It means so much to me to know that others understand. It helps me feel less alone. I read each post. I'm glad many people here have met my Elton. He was such a good boy.

Oh no! I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Elton. My heart sank when I saw his name in Remembrance.

Rest in peace, handsome boy. You couldn't have been more loved.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

It's devastating to lose a heart dog, especially so suddenly---it adds an extra layer to your grief. But even in your shock and sadness, your heart told you that you could not let him suffer. Such a lovely big guy. I hope in time, your wonderful memories will help fill that empty space left by his passing.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Elton.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

My heart is breaking for you. Being your heart dog and you both having been there for each other in special circumstances insures that he will be with you always in a special way. It will be in a different way than he used to, but he WILL be with you, and you may even find it even more fulfilling than before. And please try to be openminded as he may try to send you a specially picked friend. You'll know-his energy will be unmistakeable.

:f_red:gh_lay:f_red

"For love is as strong as death....

Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.

If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."

-Song of Solomon 8:6-7

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."

"What we have enjoyed we can never lose…All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."-Helen Keller

Also perhaps you can find some comfort in the message this dog sent his peep:

"The love is bigger than the pain. I know your heart is breaking terribly. But I promise you that your pain will subside over time, and our love, our love not only will survive, it will be stronger. Someday the horrible pain will be a memory of deep sadness but our love will still be vibrant and alive. Love is always bigger than pain. When you are hurting, reach for the love and I promise you will feel better."

Edited by racindog

Guest tricolorhounds

Oh Ingrid, I am so very sorry Elton had to leave you. I too have felt the heartbreak of such a sudden loss. My heart is breaking for you. :grouphug

What a handsome boy Elton was... and Tricia, I love the picture, what a character :wub:

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Elton.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Elton was such a handsome boy. I love the last picture you posted with his buddies. He was a lucky boy to have found you. Godspeed Elton! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so sorry, Ingrid. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Oh Ingrid, I'm so very sorry. :cry1:f_red I followed Elton's thread in H & M and hoped your big, sweet boy was going to bounce back. I couldn't believe when he didn't. He was lucky to have you and I know you loved him with all your heart....you always loved talking about him whenever we spoke on the phone. You would mention about what a good boy he was and how good he was being with the new kitten (as long as the kitten knew the boundaries ;) ). You would talk about how much Elton loved his chicken feet. But most of all, you talked about how easy going he was. I hope that one day you'll be able to look back on your memories of him with smiles instead of tears. Big hugs to you. :grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I am so sorry you didn't have more time with each other!!! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you were brought together when you both so needed each other. Your willingness to make the decision when you did is a testimony of how much he meant to you and how you truly loved him.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.