Pimple Like Spots -- Fly Bite Reaction?

Guest DaisyBoo

Guest DaisyBoo

Hi All,

My new pup George has developed many little spots all over his belly and inside his legs.

They are very small and look like pimples but aren;t red at all. When you squeeze them a small amount od whitish-yellow discharge comes out.

A little while ago he was bitten by black flies which created red bulls-eyes on him. I'm wondering if this may be a reaction.

They don;t seem to bother him in the least!

Have any of you seen anything like this?

Rainy just had something similar on her side only it was HUGE! not red and angry but when I rolled it around to see if it was attached to her side, whitish stuff came out. BF said it was probably an ingrown hair. :blink: Never seemed to hurt her...

------

Jessica

Guest Wasserbuffel

Jayne just had something simmilar on her shoulder. It was a small lump that looked and felt like a large zit. I lanced it and out came thick pus. My mom's hairless rats used to get them too, only larger, so I think it has to do with very thin hair or lack of hair that causes them.

If there are many spots rather than just one, likely a staph infection. Not an emergency but I would see your vet.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest d0ggiem0mma

Like Batmom said- sounds like a skin infection. Skin infections on the belly & legs are usually secondary to an environmental allergy or fleas. Make sure your house is flea free and give him Benedryl until you can see your vet.