Hello From Central Ma!

Guest OurIndy

Guest OurIndy

Hello all!

I wanted to introduce both myself and Indiana, the most wonderful big, goofy greyhound!

My boyfriend and I have been planning for a greyhound for about a year now and are so so so excited to finally have Indy home. We had to wait until we moved into our new apartment and until after our last long vacation (I'm starting vet school in August, so goodbye vacation time). As soon as the circumstances were right for introducing a dog into our lives we went up to MGPS in Augusta, Maine (highly recommended to us by friends) and met some pups. The amazing thing is that we really would have been so happy to go home with any of the hounds we met, they were either lovey, rambunctious and playful, sweet and mellow, or independent and smart. Then we met a big handsome brindle, of course, that was pretty much that. He was so attentive to us, totally keyed into what we were doing and wanting to just be involved. He was great on the leash, all wags, and such a leaner! We said 'Yes please!," outfitted him at their shop, and drove home (stopping in Portland to quickly show him off to my mother and sister).

We named him Indiana Bones, or Indy for short and couldn't love him more. He's 4.5 years old and ran a good race down in Birmingham (Master Ichi, Craigie Whistler X Settling Down). Maybe my favorite thing about him so far is that he has to squish his nose into his food bowl to eat because of the most charming overbite I've ever seen. He seems a little prone to separation anxiety so we're trying to slowly introduce him to our lifestyle, letting him mostly watch from his crate and lay low in the beginning. That said, he's a really quick learner and is adapting very well!

I'm so excited to join the greyhound community. It's no wonder such a warm group of people have gathered around these hounds, they're such loving and amazing animals!

As per the rules:

photo2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-1-1.jpg

I love his feet, they're so big! :blush Looks as tho Indy (Indiana Bones, love it!) is settling in nicely. Congratulations!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.