Seed Warts? Bumps On Beth's Feet

I was trimming Beth's nails today for the first time since her toe amputation (it was done at the vet a couple of weeks ago) and noticed that she has one or more bumps on the underside of every foot! They are on the furry underside of the toes or webbing, though a couple are on the side of the toe as you see below -- they are not large and kind of whitish if you look closely; one had a little trace of crust as if it had drained a bit. They don't seem to bother her if pressed and she's not limping that I can see. After some research, am I right in thinking these are probably seed warts? Or some kind of other papilloma type thing? She's had a bunch of issues with wart/cyst type things before, though not on her feet. Some of these have drained and gone away on their own over time, a few needed to be surgically removed, one ruptured before we removed it and caused a big problem.

Of course the two largest ones are on her foot with the amputation. These are also closest to the pad, the others are more up underneath where the toes raise off the ground.

These are on the toe surfaces facing the missing toe gap -- you can see one just beyond my fingertip and the other is on the facing side, right above the pad.

DSCN0734.jpg

Any chance these will just go away? Should I be watching and waiting, or soaking them, or asking my vet (whom I'll go to see tomorrow or the next day) to do something to them?

OK, edited to add, crap, when I was taking the first picture I missed that the biggest one (she has THREE on the amp foot) is on the other outside toe. It is the largest and almost touches the ground. (Sorry, couldn't get a non-blurry shot.)

DSCN0737.jpg

Darn, can't believe another foot issue so soon, and I don't want her to start limping on the amputation foot just when we're back to near-normal activity..... Is it a bad sign that the worst ones are on that foot? Though given she's had similar bumps on her back it seems strange that they would be related to pressure on the remaining toes....

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest d0ggiem0mma

I can't see a thing in those photos- way too blurry. Try setting your camera to the macro setting for taking close-ups? Sorry!

I tried; they're still not coming out very well. The one below is the best I could get. The biggest bump is at the front of the toe in back here, right before the division; where you see a tiny red dot on the front toe is where I tried to squeeze one there; not much came out, but it actually looks smaller now.

DSCN0755.jpg

These really look like the warts/cysts (my vet seemed to use different names and I could never pin him down) that she got on her back numerous times. The good news is that they really don't bother her even when I squeeze -- I get no more reaction than the general "stop messing with my toes" flick of the foot she does when I'm cutting her nails; she doesn't even open her eyes.

One more followup -- I counted carefully, and there are ten of these that I can find across her four feet. I just found a few more that are sort of on the back of her foot -- in the "hollow" above the stop pad. One is even about an inch higher. That seems a crazy number all at once for warts or cysts! Could they possibly be some kind of bug bites? We've spent a good bit of time hanging out on the grass lately.

Edited by PrairieProf

Guest d0ggiem0mma

I saw a lump like that on a foster hound of mine. It didn't bother him either. I even tried poking it with a sterile needle but nothing came out, just blood. I guess it could be a bug bite but that would be a really weird location. I'm inclined to think wart. The only way to know for sure would be to have one removed and sent for histopath. If they don't hurt and your vet isn't worried... guess I'd probably just ignore them!

Ask your vet about Thuja. My vet is homeopathic and I've been using it for Carl for something else, but if you look up Thuja (30cc), you'll see it is used for warts as well. Took about a month to kick in. He is on two pellets every other day.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I've now found about fifteen bumps total! Kind of up the back of one of her rear legs as well as on the feet. On the positive side, the bigger ones I tried to get pictures of might be a little smaller today. At any rate we have a vet appointment in the late afternoon.

Well the vet thinks just bug bites -- maybe no-see-ums or something like that. :rolleyes: I'm inclined to agree now, as most of the bumps seem smaller already than yesterday.

He didn't charge me for the quickie visit, either. What a great guy. :inlove I guess spending as much time and money there as we've done recently generates certain perks. It was like an indoor playdate for Beth on this 97-degree day -- she got petted by various techs and got to sniff the butt of the friendly clinic kitty. :)

Edited by PrairieProf