Ryce P And All The Rest

rycezmom

Five years? Has it really been five years ago that I said goodbye to my hearthound Ryce? It still seems like yesterday. The summer solstice is here again and I am once again reflecting on this very special heart hound of mine. He still loiters about the house in the corner of my eye. His nails still click on the tile in the middle of the night. His zebra is still on my dresser where I see it every day. His pictures still abound throughout the house. Yes, he is still here where he is supposed to be. Gus missed him terribly when he left us but Gustopher P walked around Ryces spot by the fireplace for the longest time and kept it clear as though he knew that the space was still "occupied". With Gustopher P gone too now, the fireplace spot is filled with the brindle girlies who were forever bedeviling my two big men. The girls seem to protect that area for themselves now by taking up as much room as the can, having declared that it was no longer the "man cave".

Its been five years and hounds have come and gone. Ryce however, still travels with me throughout the day and sneaks into my thoughts when I least expect it. All of my angels seem to tiptoe about in my mind and heart, sneaking in for a quick lick to my heart as if to tell me "we are here, always here if you need us". The difference with my thoughts of Ryce however, is that he always seems to be in the company of my big white cow upholstered manhound Gustopher P Jones. I can't seem to think of one now without the other. The summer solstice was for so long a sad time for me to to reflect. The sadness has long drifted away like a cool fog retreating from the warmth of the sun. It is now my favorite time to rejoice in the memories of my boys and the wishful path my mind and heart take me along each day feeling, no, knowing they are together. I use this day now to remember all of my angels. All so very different from one another, but all loved so very much. I use it to smile, to laugh and to relive the joy that each one of them has given me with their presence in my life.

I miss and love you all.love.gif

Bo

UkPix1001.jpg

Ryce

04-13-03_0011a1a.jpg

Jim

04-13-03_0047a.jpg

Milly

twodogs0011-1.jpg

Rose

Rose16a.jpg

Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G)

100_0009a.jpg

Ryce and Gus - Rockin the fireplace

Ryce34.jpg

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

That was so incredibly moving. Thank you. I fear the day that I will lose one. They are my first dogs, ever, and each own my heart in their own special way.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

That s beautiful, Leslie. I remember when Ryce passed away. It was a very sad time. It's lovely that Ryce and Gus will always be together for you.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Sweet, sweet houndies. May their memory bring you many smiles.

Rest well, Leslie's pups.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

what a beautiful tribute to your babies :) as long as they still live in your heart they are never truly gone.

sending hugs to you :grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Leslie,

What a wonderful tribute to your beautiful Ryce and all of the hounds who you hold dear in your heart. One is more beautiful than the next. May you continue to feel the presence of your great boys.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.