Phene Rear End Update, R/o Osteo

Guest TinasTroops

Fingers crossed for Phen.

Lots of experience with Adequan with Booker, we can talk about it more of line.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for Phen.

Lots of experience with Adequan with Booker, we can talk about it more of line.

Good, Tina. Would you be comfortable giving Phene injections?

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest TinasTroops

Yup! I gave Booker his all the time.

I actually still have some and the needles to go with.

Edited by TinasTroops

Just saw your FB post and rushed here. I'm so sorry, Robin, I didn't know that Phene had problems with his rear leg. My fingers are tightly crossed for your boy. :candle:goodluck:candle:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm hoping that it was just a weird x-ray :)

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Robin, i wasn't aware that Phene was having some back leg issues either...waiting for an update :hope

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Vet just sent the x-rays via the form in the Greyhound Wellness website. Seventy two hours max response time.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Waiting is the worst :(

Thinking of you, Robin! :bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest FullMetalFrank

Praying for no osteo! When Frank was having rear end issues, my vet instructor at school (last year, when I was doing my vet tech school) highly recommended the adequan; although Frank's issues resolved on their own before we had a chance to try it.

Praying that it is just arthritis ... No Osteo for Phene! Sending warm thoughts and hugs!

:grouphug

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Still prayering for your pup, I'll make sure I have a long talk with my two boys 2nite, they'll send along prayers and lights also.

72 hours geeez

Thank you. This waiting sucks! He seems better today but still isn't putting any weight on that leg. I really think it's arthritis but it will be nice to rule it out. He's also on a hunger strike, but I think it might be the powdered Get Up n Go mixed with his new food. Will discontinue it.

ETA: He doesn't have any lumps and the x-rays around his hocks were fine.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Just seeing this thread and thoughts and prayers for Phene. No experience at this end on those injections but Brandi had the weak rear end/legs and chiro/acupuncture worked. Looking forward to your next thread saying all is OK!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Question: Phene had a bad fall last week. I think he panic when I was running to answer the phone and slipped on the hardwood floor. He couldn't get up, so I had to help him; he was crying. By the time I dropped him at the pet sitter's an hour later, he seemed better, but is still favouring that leg (but improving daily). The leg probably would have broken if it was osteo, right?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Hi Robin! Max has had (and continues to have) Cartrophen shots. After discussing the options between that and Adequan, we went with Cartrophen. Same concept; injectable glucosamine-type product. Max has done very well on them; he has gone through the 4 weekly shots that get it started and is now doing monthly(ish) maintenance shots. They have helped him quite a bit; he is much more confident about his hind end.

Max has had those slips on the hardwood; very scary! He regulates himself on hardwood now, walks carefully. Could Phene have pulled something when he slipped, too, that is aggrevating an already sore (due to arthritis!) joint?

Max gets picky about the powdered supplement I put in his food sometimes, too - but if I mix it in with a little canned food, magically - it is edible! :)

Hope you hear from OSU much sooner than the projected (although maybe today is the day?) Keep us posted - fingers and paws crossed and positive thoughts being sent!

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

From a slip and fall like that, you'd expect soft tissue injury -- bruise or pulled muscle, which can take a fair long time to heal. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.