Phenobarbital Side Effects

Guest greycrew

Please don't second guess yourself. Honestly you could do that until the cows come home and never, ever feel better about things. You did everything you could and honestly I would have done the same things. This was not your normal seizure hound, there was definitely something else going on and like others I suspect some sort of tumor also. Just know that you did everything you could for your boy. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Tone.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to see Tone is gone. It is hard not to feel you did/didn't do something right but don't go there. I still have times of feeling bad about Shadrach & the way he died but the vet said there was nothing we could have done except spend a lot of money & still have the same result. In time you will be able to think of him without all the pain. Hugs to you & the remaining dogs.

I am so very sorry that your sweet hound is gone. :grouphug

As others have stressed, you didn't fail him in any way. You did you r very best for him. Be as kind to yourself about this as you'd be if it had been someone else's tragedy.

Warm thoughts for you as you grieve.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Sharon, I had to come back.

This afternoon our sweet goofy boy followed your boy over the bridge.

The only difference was, I was prepared. A few years ago I had gone through the same.

Not that it matters, it hurts just as much.

Just want to tell you this again. There was nothing you could have done different.

What needed to be done, you did.

Tone knew you loved him, that is what he needed over any other thing.

We can't take away the reason of these seizures, but we can love them and protect them from worse.

Thats what we do.

Thats what we did today also with Johnny.

It hurts, really hurts.

But the alternative would have been worse.

Hugs.

Tone and Johnny won't have to cross the bridge alone.

Guest greycrew
Tone and Johnny won't have to cross the bridge alone.

I am so so sorry to hear about Johnny. Tone was also chattering and whimpering a lot. I refused to accept what was happening. I made it through work in a daze. On my couch where Tone always sat since I got home.

I want you all to know that I kept checking this post throughout the day. Each response made me cry and is also helping me tremendously. I can't make the pain or hole in my heart go away, and it breaks my heart that so many of us have to go through this. I watched videos I took of Tone when I was trying to document his seizures and post seizure activity and I can see now how horrible it must have been for him over the past 2 months. Most days were good though and I'm grateful for that. I thought nothing could be worse than the osteo I lost Juneau to 2 years ago, but right now I'm thinking this is much worse.

Sending hugs and prayers to Johnnys family and all of you going through this and offering support.

Sharon

Edited by greycrew

{{{{{{{{{{Sharon}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{Petra}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Petra, I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Johnny. :cry1:grouphug It's always so very hard, even when we try to prepare ourselves. It's not fair that their lives are so much shorter than ours. :(

Sharon, just remember that dogs live in the moment, and I'm sure Tone was happy he was able to spend some time on his dog bed on the patio just taking everything in that morning. Keep that memory with you as I'm sure he would want you to remember him that way.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound