Weird Bumps On Maddie's Foot...

Guest Lgyure85

Guest Lgyure85

So what are these two weird bumps on Maddie's foot? They look like little puss nodules or something, and get white when I squeeze them. She isn't limping or anything, and they aren't connected to anything (they moved around when I push them). They also don't seem to be sensitive or anything, as she lets me poke at 'em.

http://i.imgur.com/qPiTs.jpg

My guess would be a sebaceous cyst. My pups get them. Most of the time if you can empty them out they will go away. Sometimes they won't. I just had two removed from Arrow because I couldn't empty them and they were getting bigger.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Lgyure85

Awesome. I will try to drain them later today when she's lying down and relaxed (we can do just about anything to her when she's in that state). Thanks so much!

My guess would be a sebaceous cyst. My pups get them. Most of the time if you can empty them out they will go away. Sometimes they won't. I just had two removed from Arrow because I couldn't empty them and they were getting bigger.

Judy

How did the vet remove them from Arrow? Did he have stitches? I have an appt for Maddie in June for Maddie for a dental and they will be removing her cyst as well on her leg as she has been "nipping" at it lately and it starting to turn a purple like color (probably blood) as she is picking at it. she has been sporting a t shirt when she does this. Since the cyst has not burst on its on, I am not going to pick at it as when I do things they turn out worse and it would probably get infected with my luck. I'll let the pros handle this.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Yes, he had two removed. They required just 1 or 2 stitches in each one. You might ask your vet to try and drain them with a syringe. Ours did that on one of Arrow's and it hasn't returned so that may be an option also.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Yes, he had two removed. They required just 1 or 2 stitches in each one. You might ask your vet to try and drain them with a syringe. Ours did that on one of Arrow's and it hasn't returned so that may be an option also.

Thanks. They fine needle aspirated it to find out what it was 3 years ago as it looks like a tick when you first see it, but it it is not a tick color and it does have hair growing out of it. It was determined it was cyst. Since she will be sedated for her dental (under a local) but still kind of awake I thought now would be a good time to have it removed.

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

So what are these two weird bumps on Maddie's foot? They look like little puss nodules or something, and get white when I squeeze them. She isn't limping or anything, and they aren't connected to anything (they moved around when I push them). They also don't seem to be sensitive or anything, as she lets me poke at 'em.

http://i.imgur.com/qPiTs.jpg

Is Maddie hypothyroid? I ask because Carl is and he developed bumps that looked similar to that. 3 on his back leg, 3 small ones on his right ear (facing out), 1 on the back base of his left ear and 2 on his muzzle. We'd just done blood tests and all was good, including the thyroid panel (he has been on Soloxine for 2.5 years). I was afraid they were mast cell tumors. My vet (who is also a homeopath) felt that he wasn't processing his cholesterol properly (even though his cholesterol was fine in his bloodwork) and the bumps were a manifestation of that. She said she would leave them alone, as ugly as they were. She said that in her experience when she sees dogs with internal tumors usually she will see in the dog's history a list of growths removed from the dog's skin. She feels that it's better to not remove them as it is the healthier way for the body to displace the lipid deposits rather than becoming dangerous internal tumors. She started treating him with Thuja, 2 pellets every other day in February. I also started him on a raw diet then and now the bumps are about 95% gone. He is still on both the Thuja every other day and the raw diet. I really feel the raw diet really had the biggest impact. His body was visibly different within 3 weeks of eating raw, he's a lean muscly boy, but after 3 weeks on raw he looked "ripped", like he depuffed (and he wasn't puffy to begin with).

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014