My Husband Woke Up Sobbing About Cosmo

Tracey

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I find this very touching, actually. My husband is nice to our dogs and pays for their care happily, but he barely knows our dogs' names, and I don't think he'll care when any of them dies except our oldie maybe a little. I would be so blessed to share my love for them with someone like that. Obviously, Cosmo was a very special hound!

Guest BlackandBrindle

:grouphug :grouphug

Your post made me cry.

My grandfather passed over 12 years ago and I've had several very vivid dream encounters with him, but they didn't start until a couple of years afterwards. I honestly believe they come to you when you are ready and able to handle it. It is an amazing thing to feel able to talk to them again but it's so hard because it's all you have of them.

Cosmo will come to you when your heart is able to handle the pain of seeing her go again. Jason needed the catharsis of seeing her and releasing the emotion that he was holding in.

I also want to say, she's with you now. Signs and visits aren't always so obvious. Sometimes it's as simple as a look or a cheek puff that lets you know that your baby is with you. When Memphie died he sent Amanda and me (to a lesser extent) signs through the dogs that he was there.

Hugs to you both. :grouphug :grouphug

Oh Tracey, this made my heart hurt for both Jason and you. I know exactly what you mean though. I think most of us go through each day without thinking much about the one's we've lost (after a while any way) and then something will happen and it's fresh all over again. Jason is lucky in that Cosmo came to him for a visit, unfortunately when they leave again it hurts all over again.

A huge hug to the both of you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh my, I had a lot of tears start upon reading this, too. My dreams are usually very sheltering and I like to wake from them feeling peaceful or better. I hope Jason feels better after awhile and gifted by the dream. I have not lost a greyhound yet so I wish you both the best in your healing process.

My living greyhounds seem to have old, wise souls behind their eyes: I hope to always have a greyhound in my possession to retain that wisdom and love of life!

<<Furry Hugs!!>>

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

The closest I have ever come to walloping dh? I was "dreaming" that Polly, our bridge brittany, was curled up in bed with us. Even though she had been gone 10 years, I could still smell her sweet scent and feel the silky feathering of her hair. (Polly's even smelled sweet after playing in a creek.) It was an absolutely wonderful "dream" to be snuggled with my babygirl again until DH ROLLED OVER ON HER AND MADE HER LEAVE! :angryfire:crying:wife I could have seriously whacked him and smiled doing it.

I had more guilt and pain over Polly's passing than all others (including human family) combined. I was the one that elected for her to have they surgery that put her quality of life straight into the sewer. The "dream" told me that she was ok and would be waiting for us.

I think it is significant that Cosmo did not have her amputated leg again. I believe she was trying to tell your dh she didn't have the leg because she didn't want it. Why reclaim something that caused so much pain? You made the right decision for her and she was happy with it.

I hope that you and your dh can soon find the comfort that Cosmo was trying to give you through the "dream".

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I've been there too. I wish you both peace and healing. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Mom2Melanie

Thank you for sharing this story. I lost my dear Melanie to OS this morning. I take comfort in the hope that I might dream of her some night.