Training My Neighbor

Guest june

I spoke with my insurance agent today (he was out of town)and he told me if something happened I was covered especially as I just put in new fence and I've taken precautions to make it difficult for people to get in. He also stated I should absolutely put NO signs on my gates. The fact that two gates are locked and the third has a special clip to make it difficult to open should be enough to tell anyone with half a brain (his words :lol ) that I don't want them in my yard. Also, if a dog gets into my yard I am safe (legally) because our town has a leash law.

So, the signs are down and hauled off by the garbage men!

Oh yeah, the neighbor fixed his fence after his dog almost got hit by a car. I noticed his fence and told him how glad I was that he was keeping his dog safe. He didn't tell me about the car incident another neighbor did. ;)

june

Good for you for checking. Now you have peace of mind! Clearly he's got an escapee on his hands and it's good that he's taking precautions.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

My two neighbors both have "Dogs on premises" signs on their houses and yards. It doesn't threaten people, or give any indication of potential threat, just warns people that there is a dog there so hopefully people won't open gates and leave them open. Or have heart attacks if a dog barks next to them or comes up to the fence when they're walking with their own dog. I like the signs: information without threat.

My two neighbors both have "Dogs on premises" signs on their houses and yards. It doesn't threaten people, or give any indication of potential threat, just warns people that there is a dog there so hopefully people won't open gates and leave them open. Or have heart attacks if a dog barks next to them or comes up to the fence when they're walking with their own dog. I like the signs: information without threat.

We had signs in our window alerting greyhounds are inside in case of fire. If something happens when we aren't home (we are in a townhouse complex joined on both sides to our neighbours) hopefully someone would be able to rescue them.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015