Michael Nemetch

Guest CorbysMom

Guest CorbysMom

My heart has been heavy for the past few days. I said goodbye to a friend.

Michael Nemetch passed away on Monday, March 21 at 12:45AM, just a few short hours after I visited him in hospice. Michael, a soft-spoken soul who was slow to offer an opinion yet quick to flash a grin, was a devoted greyhound dad to his greyhounds, Apollo, Katie, Jitterbug (all at the bridge) and Kay. He also fostered and babysat scores of greyhounds over the years and he was a dedicated volunteer at the GRTB Fun Run.

Mike was a gentleman and a gentle man. If angels truly walk among us, Michael Nemetch was one of them. You'd have to know him to understand just how special he was. Words fail me because words couldn't possibly do him justice. Michael was beyond words.

I haven't cried yet because death was a far kinder fate for Michael than the existence he was experiencing at the end. I will cry one day. It will be for my loss of someone completely good and caring and kind. Sleep softly, my friend. You're finally at peace.

Michael Nemetch

Edited by CorbysMom

I remember meeting him one time briefly at the GRTB fun run. You could see the passion he had for the greyhounds. He will for sure watch over all the Angels. I am so Sorry! :grouphug

RIP: Michael Nemetch :f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest AmberGusDad

Thank you, Nancy, for a wonderful tribute.

Michael was a dear friend. Many years ago he visited me when I went to Virginia Beach to introduce my grey, Commander Brockington (Brock) to his namesake. Brock was named after my deceased daughter's commanding officer at the U.S. Naval Academy.

Michael also visited when my family went to Virginia Beach for a vacation.

There was never a more gentle man, a kinder man, a man so dedicated to greyhounds. I sincerely mourn his passing.

Godspeed my dear friend....

Ed

That's very sad. I used to work the Fun Runs at Dewey with him, he was a very nice man.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest aptaks

I haven't been to greytalk in a while, but am glad I got here to see Nancy's post...truly a perfect tribute to such a sweet man. Michael fought the Cancer that eventually took his life with a quiet bravery that was true to his nature. At each of the last few Dewey's we would hope that Michael would be able to be there. And each time he came, we could see that it was the best medicine he could have. Dewey Beach, the greyhounds, and his greyhound "family" were Michael's life blood. We are all (people AND hounds) richer for his having been here.

Rest in Peace, dear man. You will forever be a part of Dewey Beach and of my own Greyhound Family.

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful person. I am sorry for the loss and he was way too young to leave us. We know he is surrounded by so many greys. Michael is whole again with no worries of hospice. I send you strength as you cope with the loss of your dear friend.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg