I Heard Back From Dr Couto's Team

Wonder

Guest bigorangedog

Wondering how the sweetie is doing today...

I'll know in 45 minutes

I left him 2 bowls of food this morning. He was eating the chicken when I walked out the door.

He ate a lot yesterday, not sure if I posted that or not.

I need to run to Costco and get those dehydrated duck treats. I have a few of the chicken left but I know he loves the duck too.

They have some salmon treats right now that my guys are crazy for. They are softer than the dehydrated ones, so even my toothless boys can eat them. ;-)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Couto is such an angel, but at the same time, it truly stinks to get confirmation from the experts that it is indeed cancer. I'm so sorry. Sending you and Sparks many good thoughts and hugs. If you would like to send me a PM, I'm happy to talk to you about our experiences or just listen when you need to vent. Many hugs. . .

Glad he is eating with such zest Kari!

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

He was restless again last night but not as bad as the previous few nights.

I'm going to make sure to give melatonin and composure tonight to see if that helps him sleep. He's also getting 3 diff pain meds at night so I would think he'd be feeling ok.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I think he only woke up twice last night :yay and we slept until 8am

Now lounging in bed for a while until I have to pick up an elderly friend to bring her to the hairdresser

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

oh crap, Kari :( :( :( :( I am so very sorry. I know how much you love your sweet boy.

sending many hugs to you both. :grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Yay for good nights Kari!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest bigorangedog

I think he only woke up twice last night :yay and we slept until 8am

Now lounging in bed for a while until I have to pick up an elderly friend to bring her to the hairdresser

Excellent! Sounds like he had a good morning in bed with his momma. :)

I'm wondering if he has SA going on.

He pees/poops at least 4-5 times when I am not home.

When I am home, he does not ask to go outside but goes out when I first get home, maybe once a few hours later and again right before bed.

I feel bad leaving him home but I have to work :(

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest bigorangedog

When I am home, he does not ask to go outside but goes out when I first get home, maybe once a few hours later and again right before bed.

Sounds like he does. :( Is there someone who could sit with him, just so he has someone there? You CAN bring him over here anytime, but I know it's hard to get him into the car.

You are doing everything correct Kari. :grouphug :grouphug My guess is the meds. are probably making him a bit anxious. Spend your time together loving him and just clean it up and not worry about it.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

You are doing everything correct Kari. :grouphug :grouphug My guess is the meds. are probably making him a bit anxious. Spend your time together loving him and just clean it up and not worry about it.

Believe me, I don't care at all about my floors. I would gladly clean sh!it my floors for years to come if it meant Sparks would still be with me

I just worry about him- I don't want him to be upset

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Believe me, I don't care at all about my floors. I would gladly clean sh!it my floors for years to come if it meant Sparks would still be with me

I just worry about him- I don't want him to be upset

I know Kari. :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Sounds like he does. :( Is there someone who could sit with him, just so he has someone there? You CAN bring him over here anytime, but I know it's hard to get him into the car.

Thanks Jen

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Here's hoping that you are having a good weekend together! I did not tell my dogs that Sparks is getting homecooked meals 24/7 now . . :):P

"Mrs. Bass was a poor teacher, a phrase which here does not mean "a teacher who doesn't have a lot of money" but "a teacher who is obsessed with the metric system." --Lemony Snicket

"Do you want to convert from the hydrocarbon economy to the carbohydrate economy?" --Rep. Jim Oberstar

Here's hoping that you are having a good weekend together! I did not tell my dogs that Sparks is getting homecooked meals 24/7 now . . :):P

It was a great weekend, pictures coming :)

Yeah, don't tell them. You will spend hours cooking, of course it's totally worth it but I think I need a bigger crock pot!

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I'm thinking of you and your Sparks, Kari.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I know exactly how you feel. I wanted you to know that although I haven't posted anything before I have been following along and checking in on Sparks and keeping the both of you in my thoughts. I'm always glad to read when he has a good day or night.

I am on facebook more than greytalk, so I had to come here and check up on you and Sparks. I know you are having a rough time and I hope you can get a little extra time off from work here and there. He is worth all the hard work you are doing...crockpots, peeing, sleeping arrangements and all! You will have wonderful memories of his life.

Take the time you need....grieving is such a long process.

Hugs and kisses to you and Sparks (and your other hounds too)!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Thank you!

I made chicken in the crock pot for him last night. He loved it. I'll make roast for him tonight.

He still has big d-I suspect from eating all the meat and treats.

I don't care about that if it's not making him uncomfortable.

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17