Merrick

beledi

What is the can food at wal mart, sold by Merrick? I can not remember the name.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

It is Beef n' More but my Wal-Mart, at least, no longer carries it.

I went on their website and it said it is available at Petco. They keep changing the ingredients -- it used to be identical to Cowboy cookout except for some veggie switches. Now it has by-products (but they are next to potato starch on the ingredients so probably not enough to blink about even if you blink at by products) and celery which is new to me. It has also lost some veggies along the way..

At Wal Mart it was around .55 for almost the same thing that was $2.00 at the pet store as Cowboy cookout. If you roam around some old blogs/discussion boards there were people that actually called the plant in Hereford and were told the beef that went into the two cans was the same.

Garth Merrick built his empire with Wally World. You can still buy the 50 pound bags of Beef n' More (not as good a food as the canned) at Sams and that is what started it all. Back in the day you could buy really great huge bags of assorted Merrick body part chews (trachea, lungs, etc.) at Wal Mart for $10. There is a reason he owns a ton of rendering plants and a livestock disposal service under a company called Tejas industries.

For many many years every dog adopted out of the Amarillo, TX pound came with a free bag of Beef n' More and that may still be the case.

http://www.beefnmore.com/can.php

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg