Prayers Needed

Guest HappyHarleysMom

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers for Harley. I understand what you mean about financial crisis and to go as far as your $ will take you. I am sorry that you are financially strapped and worried about $ and I am so sorry that Harley is dealing with this. Pred can do wonders and hope it turns things around for Harley soon. Looking forward to positive improvements soon. Hugs to you and Chuck.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Many more prayers for your sweet Harley. Hoping and praying this baby step leads to many more and he will be on the road to recovery.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sending prayers to all of you. :hope

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

Oh, Sherry......I'm just seeing this, and I'm crying for you and Chuck and Harley. I know how deeply you love your precious boy, and how very difficult this past year has been for you healthwise and so many other ways.

I think Harley is one of the world's true innocents, filled with the joy of being alive, and just being with you, and it breaks my heart to think of him being so very sick. I'm praying that he keeps improving, and that you will have more positive updates to bring us.

Harley, sweetie, you have to get better! Your Mom and Dad love you so. And we love you too.

Hugs to you, Sherry. You are all in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest HappyHarleysMom

I'm sleepless at 5:30am in York PA so I thought I'd pop in here. I continue to be so grateful for all your prayers, white lights, and positive thoughts for Harley. We did not get a call from the vet overnight, so that is GOOD news. I'm taking it as Harley is hanging in there, taking more baby steps, and praying he is well enough to go home today.

It's very comforting for me to know how loving and kind you all are through this crisis with Harley. Greyhound people are the best.

I'll post later today after we go see our baby.

Hugs and a huge thank you to all,

Sherry

Guest IrskasMom

Sherry , I was looking for an Update on Harley but it's way to early. That is the Reason we are all here for you and Harley. To Support you ,to share your Pain and Feelings with you and give Encouragement to you.Least but not last to distribute warm Hugs and Prayers for you. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug For Harley :dogcookie

Well no news is good news. Hope you have a good visit and Harley is feeling a bit better today.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sherry, I was thinking about you and Harley, and wondering how he is doing. I'm so hoping that no news is indeed good news. I know you will feel better when you can have your boy home with you and be with him all the time (I'm sure that is what he wants too).

I'm so glad that Liz is trying to help through House Of Earl.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Well, we're home. Thanks everyone for hanging in there with me. It's very comforting for me to be able to talk about this. He is not out of the woods. But, he's stable.

The diarrhea is there, but he does not ooze - he actually goes outside to do it. And, no blood in it! His backside is still raw but looking better, and although he doesn't like it, he tolerates me cleaning him and applying Destin.

A new concern is the fluid now collecting in his legs and paws. It's either from his low albumin level, or from inflamation from his raw backside, or maybe both. I have to massage his paws and legs, and use wet, hot compresses on them to try and get the fluid moving back toward the heart. It's a bit difficult because he's laying on them. Hopefully we'll get better at this task.

Harley hasn't been eating. The vet said he could go another 24 hours without eating, but if he doesn't start eating after that, we'd have to all sit down and talk about the situation - which is a huge dread to me of course. I know what that means. BUT: an hour and a half ago, Harley ate 2 tablespoons of boiled chicken!!!!! It was the best sight! If he keeps this down, I am to continue feeding 2 Tablespoons of food every 2 hours, and very slowly increase the quantity if he does not vomit.

The vet said some dogs won't eat at the hospital, but if all other signs are going in the right direction except the not eating part, they send the dogs home to hopefully get them eating again, while in their own surroundings with their loved ones.

Another 30 minutes to go, no vomiting so far, and we'll try 2 tablespoons of chicken and rice for the 2nd feeding attempt.

So, doG willing, he will continue with these small steps. He's exhausted, and sleeping except for pill time, the one feed time, and bathroom time, and drinking water time. At the vet tech's suggestion, I put a very small amount of water in his bowl, and some ice cubes. He drinks the little bit of water, and then licks the ice cubes.

I'm going to try and take a nap until next pill time.

Thanks once again for all your support and prayers. It helps me also, to be able to tell someone (all of you) how he's doing. Moral support.

hugs,

Sherry