Callie Broke Her Leg - Update Post 220

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Adrianne

I'm just seeing this, and I'm so sorry you're having to go through it. I just wanted to tell you that, even though we didn't have Wilbur's broken leg amputated, he never used it again and was essentially a three legged dog. He learned very quickly how to do things with just three legs.

I'll keep you & Callie in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of prayers and good thoughts from Pittsburgh for precious Callie---and Lydia is sending telepathic nose kisses!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I couldn't take it anymore and finally called. I told the girl my name and told her we dropped off our dog yesterday for surgery and I thought she was having it first thing this morning. I said I still hadn't heard anything. She asks, "Callie?" I said yes and she said she's ok, she's out of surgery. I said oh ok, I was worried. She said we would of called if something was wrong. Dr. A does his surgeries back-to-back-to-back and then he makes all his calls in evening between 7 and 8.

No one told us that, in fact I thought he said someone would call us. I'm just so thankful the surgery is over. Will update tonight after the surgeon calls......thanks so much for being there for us.

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

It's 440pm here and just heard from the surgeon. He said Callie did fine in surgery, but she's kind of out of it now. He thinks it's more from the drugs and not from the surgery or loss of the leg.

He said no news is good news. They'll give me a call in the morning to update.

I asked if she is on the Ammacar and he said yes.

Ok, now I begin my worry until the next call. Is being out of it normal if she had the surgery early this morning? :( I do know when she had one of her dentals a couple of years back she was pretty out of it until late that evening. This is way bigger than a dental so that makes sense, but I'm still worrying. :weep

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

I'm sure that she's on some pretty heavy sedation to keep her comfortable tonight. Don't want the sweet girl in pain. They will watch her closely. Sleep well tonight-both of you. :)

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart