Bone Cancer

Sambuca

My father had fibro sarcoma that metastasized into his pelvis. They did a procedure called a cryoablasion (the spelling may be WAY off) where they somehow inject ice into the tumor to freeze and kill it. Has this been heard of or done in dogs yet? I know it's a relatively new procedure in humans so I wasn't sure.

eta: It did provide some relief for my father. We knew it wouldn't cure him, but he had severe pain due to the cancer fracturing the pelvic bone and resting on his sciatic nerve. The procedure shrunk the tumor a bit and helped with pain relief.

Edited by Sambuca

Oh thank you. He actually passed away from the cancer in June. When it metastasized, it went everywhere. It was very aggressive. At the time of that procedure we already knew the cancer was in his hip, lungs, stomach, and ribs. As I said, this procedure was about pain management and not a cure for him.

Edited by Sambuca

Guest Greytluv

Oh, I'm sorry. It's never easy to lose a parent. My best friend fought bone cancer and I lost her a year ago yesterday. It was so hard to see her suffer. It's VERY painful.

Thank you. It was very hard. He was only 63. His started in the muscle and by the end, it was in pretty much all his organs and a bunch of bones. It was painful and just horrible. That's why it's so hard to see dogs go through it. At least people understand why they are in pain, where dogs have no idea why it hurts. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.