Supplement Questions

Guest BlueCrab

Guest BlueCrab

Currently Trixie and Leyland are on Joint Health and Fresh Factors - mostly for maintenance per previous posts and discussions here on GT. Trixie will be 6 next week (!!) and Leyland (non-grey herding-type dog) is probably around 9. DH feeds everyone, but I believe they usually get one tab in the morning of JH and then one tab in the evening of FF. As I said, really just maintenance.

Lately, Trixie's jaw has been popping when she yawns. Doesn't seem to bother her, but it sounds just like my creaky knees or elbows - which the doctor has said comes from a lack of synovial fluid in my aging joints. And Leyland has been waking up with a wonky right front leg. Stiff, limps around for a bit on it until it gets working, then it's fine. No whining, I've palpated leg / shoulder / paw, no pain found. It just happens when he wakes up an it seems creaky until he gets going. Seems old age / arthritic. He didn't have the easiest life prior to us adopting him, so some wear on his joints wouldn't surprise me.

So. Is it time to up our dosages of Joint Health or FF or both? Would Springtime's Longevity be a better switch - at least for Leyland at this point? When we had our old GSD and Lab-Pointer mix, the vet put them on Synovi G3 for joint maintenance, which seemed to work well for them and specifically was supposed to boost their synovial fluid in their joints. I can't find any ingredients list anywhere for S-G3 to compare ingredients with Springtime's products so am hesitant to try it.

Any thoughts / opinions on creaky joints and stiffness supplements? Their regular diet is Canidae dry (yellow bag...chicken / rice?) with some pumpkin or banana or green beans tossed in as treats.

Guest Che_mar_Cody

I went from Springtime Joint Health to Longevity when Cody slipped a disc in his neck.

I swear by this stuff. He doesn't have to be on pain meds (only as needed) and his general mobility has improved so much. He acts like a puppy again.

Guest mountain4greys

Mine are on the Longevity also. I swear by this stuff!!:) It turned my creaky old brood into a pup again. And I could see the visible changes in the others as well.

Edited by mountain4greys

I would increase the amount you give per meal. My vet said I should go to Dasaquin and when I compared amounts per pill, one Dasaquin took three Springtime Joint supplements. So rather than change to Dasaquin I just upped the amount of joint supplement to equal the amount in Dasaquin.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt that giving one Fresh Factor and one Joint Health per day is enough to help with anything, but as suggested you could call the folks at Springtime.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

My 10-1/2 year old boy has arthritis and he gets two Springtime Joint Health pills in the AM and the PM and he is just fine. Stopped giving him the Fresh Factors and it hasn't changed anything.

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SueG201

i used springtime for years for my 12 yr old grey but switched to Nupro Joint Supplement

about 3 mos ago, and she is acting like a puppy, and she really likes the gravy it makes