Innova Evo Vs. Petcurean

Guest Slate

Now that I have found out about P&G buying Natura Pet Food who makes Innova Evo I am considering switching brands to something comparable. Does anyone have experience with Petcurean products? They offer grain free and kibble with grain I believe. Smokey has done well on the Evo since I've had him for 2 years now.

I switched from California Natural to Petcurean Go Natural for the same reason you're thinking about switching. I feed Go Natural Chicken, Fruit and Vegetables, which isn't grain free. The dogs love it and their coats are even more beautiful than with California Natural. I fed them Go!, which is the grain free, for about a month while we were out of town and I couldn't find Go Natural. I needed to feed them much more and they pooped much more than they did with Go Natural, but they probably weren't fed it long enough for their systems to make the full transition.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

A benefit of Go Natural...Phene is no longer eating frozen poop! He always used to eat it when he was fed California Natural! :yay

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

My friend and I also noticed that since switching to Go Natural, Phoenix no longer licks himself non-stop and his coat is now amazing!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Same boat as you! I used to feed only Natura products for Twiggy, fosters & cats.

I switched to GO! Natural chicken for Twiggy. (Actually, I couldn't get it locally until the P&G debacle, now my pet food store carries GO as a replacement for Natura - GO Natural was my first choice after the Canidae formula change a couple years ago).

The GO has been working very well for me, but I usually use Kirkland for fosters b/c it is easier to get than GO. However. I've found that the GO works better for many of my fosters, so I use it for them anyway (and give at least a week's supply so that they have enough to make a gradual switch to something else).

I've never had a picky pet or foster (2 dozen+, so lucky me!), but it is very well accepted, and they all have really good poop on this B) .

Intersting about those that no longer care for poop - Twiggy only started eating poop after being on GO Natural. :dunno

Another thing I noticed which may be entirely coincidental, is that their teeth seem to get really bad, really quickly as soon as they start eating it. I would be really interested to see if anyone else noticed this. I brush every one-two days, and they get lots of bully sticks, and Twiggy gets turkey necks and chicken leg quarters (fosters aren't allowed to have raw per group foster rules).

Over all, though, I'm a fan of GO! Natural!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Guest Pat2003

The store where I buy EVO told me that P&G bought the whole plant where EVO is made so they hoped that it wouldn't change. Apparently, P&G was deluged with dog people pleading that they not change EVO. So far, the EVO on the market was made before P&G took over.

So if you don't hate P&G due to their animal experimentation (have no idea what they do, but another poster hates P&G for this) or feel they are the devil's company, and love how your dogs are doing on EVO, you might want to wait awhile before switching to another food.

The store where I buy EVO told me that P&G bought the whole plant where EVO is made so they hoped that it wouldn't change. Apparently, P&G was deluged with dog people pleading that they not change EVO. So far, the EVO on the market was made before P&G took over.

So if you don't hate P&G due to their animal experimentation (have no idea what they do, but another poster hates P&G for this) or feel they are the devil's company, and love how your dogs are doing on EVO, you might want to wait awhile before switching to another food.

Just playing devil's advocate on this. The problem with waiting, is that by the time you may know they have made changes to the food, the dog could already be sick from it and you may have issues. Whereas if you switch while it's still well made, then you have time to transition the dog slowly and find the right food for your dog without rushing to figure out what you want or playing trial and error for months trying to find a food that agrees with your dog and you're not dealing with a sick dog on top of all that. If you wait and then have to switch, you can't try a food to see if it works for the dog and if it doesn't work, you have to jump to another food to see if that works instead of going back to the food that's safe that you know works for your dog until you find another food you want to try. On top of all that, in extreme cases, as we've seen with past recalls, if they do something drastic or aren't as clean or careful, the food can kill a dog. The chances of that happening are slim, but the dog can get very sick and need to go to the vet, which is not only money, but I would feel horribly guilty if my dog got sick, when I could have prevented it.