Norwegian Sea Kelp

RobinM

I posted about Ollie's coat on Greyhound-Data health forum and someone suggest Norwegian Kelp. He felt I would be happy with the results. I bought it online yesterday. While I as on the site, I looked around and there is something for everyone.

Has anyone used Norwegian Sea Kelp and if so, for how long and what was the outcome?

http://www.doggoneglamorous.com/norwegian_kelp.html

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Lovey_Hounds

I have used kelp for just over a year, I give 1/2 a teaspoon once a day. So far I love it! Vegas is growing hair where there wasn't any, there haven't Been nearly as many upset bellys and Vegas and D.C are gaining and keeping on weight easier. Thier coats are also great looking! I have not changed my dog food since starting the kelp and I have seen that many good things, maybe it's all by chance maybe not but I'm very happy.

I started using kelp because a friend who breeds greyhounds suggested it and gave me some to try and I figured it must be ok considering his dogs look great and are very healthy... If you would like to see some of his dogs they ate running at Orange park (paddy whacker, cinnamon heart, jaw breaker, cdn black jack)

just try it and see how it goes.

Edited by Lovey_Hounds

Lovey_Hounds, - It's interesting that you used it too. The person from GH data was also from Canada! Maybe it's a Canada thing that is now going to be known in the US! ;)

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest Swifthounds

Kelp is nutrient dense, but also contains iodine and can cause thyriod problems if given regularly or in large amounts. If you're going to use it, do so with care and keep a watchful eye.

Guest borzoix4

Sea Kelp is fabulous for dogs that have had DM, or any mange, as well as recovering coat due to thyroid problems all the way to recovering from flea allergies and hot spots. Fabulous Stuff! Another benefit is to strengthen the immune system for dogs either recooperating from illness or injury etc. I have used it several times. Another brand however sea meal I use is from Solid Gold as easier for us to get and even aids the heart. http://www.solidgoldnorthwest.com/products/pro_sup/pro_seam.html

Edited by borzoix4

Kelp is nutrient dense, but also contains iodine and can cause thyriod problems if given regularly or in large amounts. If you're going to use it, do so with care and keep a watchful eye.

I agree with this post, if there are any existing thyroid issues this can cause severe issues. You may want to have a thyroid check before starting to give on a regular basis.

Guest borzoix4

Yep I have used it but like Borzoix4 I have used Solid Gold Sea Meal but my favorite brand has been In-Flight

I LOVE the Inflight! Have used it for years. ITs even mentioned in my feeding raw video. :colgate

I just got the delivery! It was sent to my office. YAY

Guest Swifthounds

I agree with this post, if there are any existing thyroid issues this can cause severe issues. You may want to have a thyroid check before starting to give on a regular basis.

If you're going to use it, you really should have a full thyroid panel done before commencing supplementation and then every six months or so thereafter. Although it can aggravate pre-existing thyroid issues (the overwhelming majority of which are autoimmune related and therefore do not originate in a lack of iodine, nor benefit from increased iodine), it can also result in dietarily induced hyperthyroidism. You should also check to make sure the dog's diet doesn't already include kelp. More than a few kibbles are already including it with potentially harmful results.

^^This

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."