Swollen Wrist....

Guest Furmom

Hi All - I got home from work Monday evening and the girls ran to me when I arrived, big kisses for all and they decided they had enough of watching DH rake leaves and came inside. Camp decided it was her turn to lay on the bed in the kitchen and watch us cook (or give us the annoying dinner stare). Anyways I look over and see that her right wrist is a little swollen. DH and I poke and bend - lift up and down - Camp is looking at us like we are crazy - "Do I have food on my paw?". Now I checked again last night - swelling no worse or better - I didn't walk them because I don't want to aggravate it but she did do zoomies in the back yard and is jumping on the bed, playing with her toys - her general busy body self. Does anyone know if there is something I could do to alleviate the swelling - I have done a lot of research and all I could come up with is Arnica gel, cold compress. My DH wants to wait to take her to the Vet cause Bee has hydrotherapy on Saturday and he wants to put Camp in the pool and see if that helps. If she was showing any pain I would bring to the Vet immediately. She takes glucosimine already. So any ideas to reduce swelling to see if it comes back?

I would soak her foot/wrist in ice water a couple of times a day. It will probably get better on its own. Should restrict activity for awhile also- no zoomies for awhile. That's what has worked for me. Arnica given orally(tincture or pills) also often helps.

Edited by racindog

No advise here - but it sure sounds like you're on the right track :) . Hugs to you Christina and a big hug to Miss Camp. I think of her often and smile knowing that she landed in the best spot in the world!!!! Hope the swelling goes away soon (and without incident!)

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.