Wisconsin People

Guest hlpnhounds

Guest hlpnhounds

Hi everyone !! I'm looking to move to WI with my hubby and 4 dogs. We're looking primarily in the Port Washington area---or within 25 miles of there. I'm trying to narrow our home search by concentrating on areas that will allow us to have 3+ dogs and eliminating those that do not.

Can anyone help with this ????

I live in Elkhorn, Wisconsin, which is way south of where you want to be in Port Washington. Elkhorn has a three dog limit. Burlington, which is 8 miles from us has no limit, so every town is different.

You might want to contact someone with RGA - Retired Greyhound Athletes.org. They are located just north of Port Washington, and I am sure they will have answers for you. Gpawisconsin.org is also a good site. They do statewide adoptions.

Good luck.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

No where near the area, but you could look into a kennel license so it becomes a non issue wherever you are.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest hlpnhounds

Thanks for your input, everyone !

I contacted the Washington and Ozaukee County Humane Societies and asked for a listing of pet restrictions for the various towns/townships. They were more than happy to provide the information and were very pleased that this was being checked into BEFORE a move is made......so many pets end up at the shelter because people aren't thinking before they move.

Anyway, it looks like pretty much all of Washington County allows at least 3 dogs. I'm concentrating my search there for now---and finding quite a bit too !!

• 3 weeks later...

When are you planning to move to the frozen tundra???

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.