Mr. Roni-Man Had To Have A Tail Amp!

Guest BoyzMom

Mr. Roni-man is at the vet this morning for a tail amputation! :o

What started out a few weeks ago as a tiny little bump about 3" from the end of his tail quickly grew into a dime-sized mass.

We thought (and still do think) that this is a direct result of his extreme case of happy tail. We whaps his tail so hard on walls, furniture, door frames, etc. that it sometimes bleeds. A fine needle aspiration then showed only blood, and no suspicious cells. The growth of the mass, however, is disturbing. And all of this, of course, is much more distressing to me than to him.

He was originally to go in today to just have the lump removed under local anesthetic and have it biopsied, just to be safe. The vet called and said to just remove the lump would leave such a large open wound that would be slow to heal, and that he recommended an amp.

So, now poor 'Roni had to go under general anesthetic and is losing about 4" of his tail.

I am beside myself with worry. We lost our Scoop-dog to Osteo just a few weeks ago. I made 'Roni promise me then that he would have absolutely no lumps or bumps or health issues of any kind.

Please send your prayers and white light to 'Roni-man (and to his mommy, too).

Sending powerful prayers and healing white light for Roni-man! Hugs for Mom, It just has to be ok!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:getwell hope all goes well,keep us posted,,, I think greys with the short tails,, are so darn cute,, I know it's not pleasent for them to have happy tail surgery,,, but I think it makes them all the more lovable :kiss2

We finally received the biopsy results...

BENIGN! :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

'Roni's tail may be a little shorter, but I think it's kind of cute! :D

Thanks for everyone's well wishes & prayers.