Traumeel V. Zeel

Background - Zoe (9 YO) suffers from arthritis from a broken hock injury 5 years ago. This time of year is not good to her. She is already taking fish oil, Fresh Factors, Joint Health and SOD/Bosweilla. She is an active dog and I have given up trying to prevent her from enjoying herself with the other dogs. That was the only advice I got when we adopted her. She will stop running around when it really bothers her, but if she overdoes it, the effects and last for days.

Anyway, I was reading the arthritis thread and saw the mention of heel traumeel and zeel as possible supplements that could be helpful. Any opinions as to which to try first and at what dosage and if to be used all the time or during flare-ups? Her blood work is good. She is raw fed and weighs 56 pounds. I know warmth makes her feel better and I got a fleece leg wrap for her when we walk outside, but she refuses to wear it. I do keep her bundled at night so at least she sleeps well.

TIA!

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

My arthritic whippet gets Zeel and Wobenzym daily. I think of them as maintenance vs. Trameel which I use for bruising or other specific injury.

I would not give Zeel to a dog with any liver or kidney impairment as there is a warning re. long term use and liver. My holistic vet looked into it and felt it was fine for my otherwise healthy whippet, but suggested using Wobenzym only for my girl who has had some kidney issues.