Hiya

Guest greytgravy

Guest greytgravy

Hi there. I'm Jesi, and I've brought along my Italian named Cam(eron Mitchell). The parenthesis are important cause more often than not, he's got the full name thrown in. Named after SG-1 character because he was like a bouncy Cam in "Avalon" and his constant "playwithmeplaaaaywithmecmonyouknowyouwannaplaaaaaywithme" attitude the first 10 minutes I got him. He's my only dog, a handful, on Reconcile for isssues, and frequently has UTI. And I wouldn't change him for the wide world. Heart and soul, that boy is. He makes sure that I'm not a hermit and gets out of the house. Goes everywhere with me, kennel in the back of my Mini. Those backseats are rarely up anymore.

He's extremely intelligent. Gone through all three basic trainings with moderate success. My little ADD dog. He's almost year and a half now, and I got him at little over 3 months old. He'd either been a) rescued from the high kill shelter or B) dropped off a vet's office. I call him my expensive free puppy. I got him off Craigslist, which I'm glad about since I know he got a good home this way. (I also got my cat Teyla from there as well.) He doesn't have a prey drive so much as a need to run to the cats and engage them in play. They're not really interested.

Me, I'm just the human who feeds him and the cats. I foster pugs for the local rescue so he gets used to sharing me, since he's rather attached to me and shadows my every move. I can't wait until he matures a little so maybe I'll have better luck with house training (my poor couch smells like dog pee, I swear). He loves going to grandma's and visiting her dog. Playing there for 2 hours is like 4 hours at the dog park. He crashes for at least 12 hours. If he runs away from me, all I have to do is call "Grandma's" and he's ready to go. It's a ploy, more often than not, but it's one that works. When I have to go long periods of the day, I drop him off there, along with my fosters. He can't be left alone, since he cries so loud and my apartment complex wouldn't allow that.

And wow, that was a book. Sorry. Carry on.

Edited by greytgravy

Guest isntitgreyt

Welcome from Delaware. My IG, Tyson, was the reason I ended up with Greyhounds! Tyson was a handful to potty train too. Once he go it though he never had an accident again. I lost him at a young age but he was my baby and I miss that boy.

Guest greytgravy

Welcome! Cam is a cutie. :colgate

And good luck with the house training. I've heard that it can be difficult with Iggies.:unsure

He's my heart and soul. He's adorable. Especially when he's sleeping with all fours up in the air. It's very, very difficult. It's been over a year and I'm starting to think my marbles are rattling a bit too much. I'm down to belly bands as a method. Hopefully, it'll help.

Welcome from Delaware. My IG, Tyson, was the reason I ended up with Greyhounds! Tyson was a handful to potty train too. Once he go it though he never had an accident again. I lost him at a young age but he was my baby and I miss that boy.

Yeah, I think I'm down to trying a belly band. He was doing well, and then today backslid to peeing on the couch. Again. He's already ruined it and I'm not replacing until I move again (it's only 2.5 years). How did you get yours through training? Any special tips? Was Tyson a love bug, always wanting to be near you? I was thinking of getting a Greyhound for him when I move into my own place in the next couple years, to keep up with his "go go go go" speeds. Right now he's asleep at my feet since he's not allowed on the furniture anymore. Could Tyson reach the kitchen cabinets on his back legs?

• 2 months later...