Frontline

Trudy

Guest cwholsin

I have heard a lot of people complaining about Frontline (myself included). It just doesn't seem to work. Many dogs still have fleas while on it! I've been advised by the vet to switch over to Advantage for better protection.

I got 6 months for around $30 but can't recall where now. I got it in Jan so it was a lot cheaper.

Don't use it anymore (use Adam's) and only used 1 application in Spring.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest avadogner

I have to agree that it's not working as well since it went OTC. I found a tick on Ava today. It's the first in 10yrs. I don't know if they changed the formula to go OTC but Augie is scratching a lot and I think he may have a few fleas. I bought mine from PetmedsRx. I will change to Advantage as soon as we finish the remaining doses. Thank goodness it's finally getting cold here. We have flea issues year round in Alabama due to the warm climate.

-ava and augie'smum

I have heard a lot of people complaining about Frontline (myself included). It just doesn't seem to work. Many dogs still have fleas while on it! I've been advised by the vet to switch over to Advantage for better protection.

Good advice on only fleas but if you are trying to keep the two cooties (fleas and ticks) that Frontline keeps at at bay Advantage will not do it.

Advantage works WAYYY better on fleas than Frontline, but if you also have ticks it is not going to do a darned thing for them so you have to go another route. Advantage's stepsister Advantix takes care of ticks but contains permethin which many choose not to use on greyhounds.

In our case here in an old established neighborhood we've never seen one tick in 8 years so we use Advantage. In more newly developed areas ticks are more often a problem and Advantage would do zero for them. Some there use Frontline and some have used Advantix on greys with no issues.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest cwholsin

I have to agree that it's not working as well since it went OTC. I found a tick on Ava today. It's the first in 10yrs. I don't know if they changed the formula to go OTC but Augie is scratching a lot and I think he may have a few fleas. I bought mine from PetmedsRx. I will change to Advantage as soon as we finish the remaining doses. Thank goodness it's finally getting cold here. We have flea issues year round in Alabama due to the warm climate.

-ava and augie'smum

A friend told me you can return the unused portion of Frontline for a refund :)

I'm bored at work so did a search

Frontline

3 month supply

34.99 dog.com free shipping

36.99 horse.com

34.99 1-800-petsupplies.com free shipping

6 month supply

67.99 dog.com free shipping

69.99 horse.com

67.99 1-800-petsupplies.com free shipping

Frontline Plus

3 month supply

29.99 okpet.com

48.99 petcarerx.com free shipping plus $5 off purchase over $35

45.57 1-800-petmeds.com free shipping

6 month supply

59.98 okpet.com

88.99 petcarerx.com free shipping plus $5 off purchase over $35

82.55 1-800-petmeds.com free shipping

12 month supply

111.96 okpet.com

139.99 horse.com free shipping

139.99 dog.com free shipping

113.95 thepetonline.com

139.99 1-800-petsupplies.com free shipping

169.95 theanimalrescuesite.com

172.99 petcarerx.com free shipping plus $5 off purchase over $35

158.22 1-800-petmeds.com free shipping

ok, got bored with that :lol

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

A 12-pack of Frontline Plus, purple box: $119.95 at Petshed.com (located in Australia). Shipping is $5. I've never had a problem with the company or their products, and I've used them for at least five years.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Dead fleaz in AU. Good prices and fast shipping.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest FordRacingRon

We stopped using FL plus 2 years ago because of this and switched to Advantage. i would prefer to go back to FL if I kinew it wokred again. I think its a better med, when it works.

Guest FordRacingRon

I get the spray from Anicare

500ml bottle for $46.50

and for everyone that is saying the Frontline no longer works for them. Are you using the TopSpot or the spray??

The one you put between the sholder blades,,must be the top spot. Leia has been through 5 summers with us. The first 3 summers it worked fine but 2 years ago, the fleas just kept coming. Went to Advantage and they haven't come back.

I just ordered from EntirelyPets (my go to online place for many things).

Free shipping and a 15% off coupon.

I wasn't too thrilled with the spray (not that I'm thrilled with the topspot version either :lol). And Jet took a while to dry from it, even laying out in the sun :huh

When I tried to order it this summer, everybody was out of stock and then I remembered I had some frontline from NY still stashed away. Just used the last of that last week.

Guest cwholsin

I get the spray from Anicare

500ml bottle for $46.50

and for everyone that is saying the Frontline no longer works for them. Are you using the TopSpot or the spray??

We're using the topspot, I guess. wink.gif We had problems with it in NC with our cats and we're having problems with it working in Oregon too. Either they changed their formula or so many people have used it that fleas have developed a tolerance for it.

Edited by cwholsin