Driver Crossed The Bridge Today...

Guest team_weasel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonia and Andy,

:f_red

I am so sorry for your loss. Driver was lucky to have found his forever home with the two of you. A home where he could be the boy he was meant to be was and where he was so loved and treasured.

Run free Driver, you will never be forgotten.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Oh, no. I am so sorry! How horrible! Godspeed Driver and send your Mom a sign that you're OK. :f_red

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

That is devastating news....I am so sorry.

Run free Driver, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

God my heart is breaking for you. That is EXACTLY how Iost my soulmate Slim at only 6 years old. I know how crushing it is. They are fine and then a few mere hours later..... :grouphug I kept going over in my mind what if this what if that etc. Eventually I learned that it was just his time and there was nothing anybody could have done to prevent it. So please understand there wasn't ANYTHING you or the vets could have done. Bloat/GDV is every bit as devastating and horrible and terrible a disease as osteo. I know-I have lost hounds to both. My deepest sympathy.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Guest Houndstown

I hate to say I know what you're going through but having lost our first grey earlier this year, I can at least empathize really well. So, so sorry for your loss! The sweet comments on greytalk helped us when we lost Justin. Hope they help with Driver too.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

God Speed, Driver.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I am so very sorry!! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest team_weasel

I'd like to thank all of you for your kind and supportive comments, thoughts, and prayers... it means the world to me. Yesterday we took down Driver's crate. This was so difficult for us, but it was that little bit of closure and a way for my husband and I to move on. We actually had to move the furniture around in our bedroom to fill the empty space. Today we are printing off a large, beautiful print of our gorgeous brindle boy, and hanging it up in a lovely frame in our bedroom next to our other hounds' beds.

Thank you again for your support.

Sonia

• 2 weeks later...
:cry1 I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound