Looking For A Good Food For Greyhounds

Guest DragonGrey84

Guest AnnieAreYouOK

I feed my grey Orijen Adult.

It's a high quality grain free food made by a Canadian company.

It's not cheap, but some stores may offer some discounts.

I've tried Kirkland Lamb and Rice and my grey's poop came out all mushy.

The Kirkland brand(made by Diamond Pet Foods) probably has the best bang for your buck.

You can see some reviews and ratings here:

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=grain_free

My girl Angel gets fed Fromm's adult gold. Her brother Fast gets Costco Chicken and Rice. He came to us eating that. We did try him on the food that Angel get for about a month. And it didn't work soo good for us. I am going to try Angel on the Costco food and see how that goes.

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org

I feel like I am the dog food expert after the issues we had with my Bernie.

We had him on Iams Weight Management originally because that's what his foster home fed him. (They had older dogs on this, so they gave him the same thing.)

We gradually switched him to Nutrisource Chicken and Rice. And we had soft serve poops for a few weeks.

We then gradually switched to Evo Red Meat formula after a recommendation from our vet to get away from any and all chicken, chicken by-product, chicken meal, etc., in a dog food. At this same time, we also tried Wellness Whitefish & Potato.

Finally, we have settled on Taste of the Wild's 'Sierra Mountain' formula, which is all lamb protein. His poops look great, and he is doing great.

A friend of mine told me once that Greyhounds do best (digestive-wise) with lamb. I don't know if that's true across the board, but it is true with my guy!

Lauren the Human, along with Justin the Human, Kay the Cat and Bernie the Greyhound! (Registered Barney Koppe, 10/30/2006)

Bernie-signature-400.jpg

Guest Whistle

We switched to Nature's Select about six months ago and my hounds have done great on it. I haven't seen this food mentioned here before, but we've had great results with it. It's very reasonable at just under $1 a pound and they deliver to your door for free for orders over $20.

http://naturalpetfooddelivery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=77&osCsid=21ab74e10c5dd704c011601976982750

ETA: Another Kirkland fan here. We did the recent switch because I got tired of the 40-minute drive to Costco for doog food.

Edited by Whistle