Hello!

Guest cassie19

Guest cassie19

I'm Cassie & I've been reading the forums for a few weeks and have decided to introduce ourselves. My girlfriend & I just adopted our grey, Kiwa (key-wa), in September and she has been nothing but wonderful. We were completely new to the breed so I turned to GreyTalk. I love reading about everyone else's greys and seeing pictures! Kiwa is 2 years old, was a racer, didn't do so well and was shipped off to the humane society. Her racing name was Granny's Hooch and they renamed her Patti at the HS. She never answered to either so we picked a new one. ;) She's doing great in new forever home. Last week, we noticed she started answering to her name. We're in an apartment right now and can't wait for the day when we have enough room to get Kiwa a brother or sister. :)

37194_10150296998755052_784035051_15602399_6144183_n.jpg

64601_10150272551695052_784035051_15137469_407170_n.jpg

Hi welcome from Belgium !

Wow she's a stunner. Hope you'll get more room really soon cause greyhounds are an addiction, once you have one, you want more :P

Welcome! What a lovely, happy face! And she does the ear-up/ear-down thing like Summer does. Cute!

Ed.: Why can't I find her on Greyhound-Data?

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest cassie19

Welcome! What a lovely, happy face! And she does the ear-up/ear-down thing like Summer does. Cute!

Ed.: Why can't I find her on Greyhound-Data?

Yes! We love when she does it, so cute! lol I've tried looking her up on Greyhound-Data and haven't been able to find her, for whatever reason. I did find her information at trackinfo.com though. Her ear marks are 78A-47618.

I got Micah when the track in Rhode Island closed and we can't find anything on him. He's got his ear tattoos but he came with no racing name and I was told that he was probably never registered even though he was tattood. It was an issue of time. We think that since we got him when he was just two yrs. old it was probably time to register him just about the time the track closed. Anyone have any clues as to how I might be able to find out more info on my boy?

Guest cassie19

Welcome from Iowa! Kiwa is beautiful (Granny's Hooch -- that's pretty funny!). What is the origin/meaning of her name?

Mathias Kiwanuka is a player on the Giants. :)

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

Guest cassie19

I got Micah when the track in Rhode Island closed and we can't find anything on him. He's got his ear tattoos but he came with no racing name and I was told that he was probably never registered even though he was tattood. It was an issue of time. We think that since we got him when he was just two yrs. old it was probably time to register him just about the time the track closed. Anyone have any clues as to how I might be able to find out more info on my boy?

Kiwa is similar. She was only 2 when she left the track also. I found her information at Trackinfo.com. If you go to the greyhound section, they have a dog lookup feature where you can just input her ear markings.

Thank you for looking that up but this is the only information I had found already.

Guest TBSFlame

She is really a beauty. Congratulations and welcome. Adopting a 2 year old you are not going to find much about them. They didn't do well as a racer but will make a wonderful companion. Look up their sire and dam to find who they are related to. Anyone with clearance can add you dogs in the database.